- Noté 5 sur 5par rbxq, il y a 5 moisI don't get why people are being so harsh. It wasn't made to say that women are weak and need to be protected, it was made to make toxic comments/replies less offensive, and more funny for the user.
- Noté 5 sur 5par DmarieS77, il y a 9 moisI just downloaded this app and started using this so I will know more about it later
- Noté 5 sur 5par wario, il y a 10 moisdoes what it says, only blocks misogynist slurs though from the source code in a couple languages -- those being german, french, and english
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17318200 de Firefox, il y a un anAdd-on works as described. I'm enjoying the reviews written by people making thinly-veiled excuses as to why it's Actually Bad because they don't want to admit they enjoy the harassment of people other than themselves online, including totally original hits like:
- "waste of resources" (word replacers can be made in an afternoon by one experienced dev in their free time)
- "lolol imagine being incapable of handling a word, you should turn off the computer" (yet reviewer is incapable of handling letting a functional add-on exist without complaining despite there being plenty of other word replacers they don't care about, hmm - almost like they don't realize people are sick of seeing insults everywhere, so they have to frame it as a weakness/pull argumentum ad iram and call people "oFfEnDeD!11!" or whatever)
- "hurrdurr political virtue signaling it's a sign that Mozilla is going to die!" ("every cause/idea I don't like is virtue signaling so anyone who does it will go away soon because wishful thinking")
- "you can't shut everyone up" (when the add-on never claims to do this and isn't about this in the first place, as it's client-side and not server-side so it isn't silencing anyone...)
- single one-star review with no comment, i.e. "this is bad but I won't say why because I never even tried it and am bothered by its existence"
Not denying that companies can do more to attack the root of this issue, but I get the feeling that's not what these comments are really about.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Sergio, il y a un anI don't know why I haven't discovered this extension before... ahh yes, I know. And it's just that, it's not in other browsers. I don't know why nobody else thought of developing such an extension in other browsers. It is most useful, as someone who has been cyberbullied many times, I am grateful to have found this extension because I will surely be cyberbullied more in the future (I don't know, I'm a target for bullies) but thanks to this I won't read their insults.