Noté 4,2 sur 5
4,2 étoiles sur 5
- par tb, il y a 2 moisNoté 3 sur 5Breaks far too many websites, which wouldn't be such a problem if you could teak settings to your liking. One such example out of many is that the referrer header cannot be whitelisted on a per site basis. This extension also modifies site code more heavily than similar privacy based alternatives, which can make you more unique if a site fingerprints it.
EDIT: Updated to 3 stars, the developer is more involved /active n the community then I thought, but my previous concerns still prevail, especially over how many sites will take notice to the extent of modified code vs other blocking extensions.Hi,
I'll take a look into the referrer header protection and see if I can recreate the issue.
Trace has recently received a large update which improved the efficiency a great deal, I would appreciate it if you could try it again and let me know your thoughts.
- par wcmh, il y a 2 moisNoté 5 sur 5Fantastic privacy extension. Doesn't look the part, but works! Needs a bit of fine-tuning to make Gmaps work without rendering problems, but it has all the tools to do so.
Strong contender against Fingerprinting.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15571209 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 4 sur 5Good app... would it be possible to add a feature for spoofing the system timezone? if system time and local do not match, thats a total flag. Surprised that this feature is not available...
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15324926 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 4 sur 5Lots of privacy tweaks all in one place,i was doing several of these tweaks anyway directly or thro addons .but this screws them all together in one place .very convenient also with a simple interface ,very usable,nice one
- par Amy, il y a 3 moisNoté 3 sur 5Canvas fingerprinting protection doesn't work. Tested on Panopticlick & BrowserLeaks.Hi,
Would you be able to try this again? Trace v3.0 was just released with a massive overhaul to the protection injection method and canvas fingerprinting should work better as a result.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15005487 de Firefox, il y a 7 moisNoté 5 sur 5This seems to be an awesome privacy extension. On a couple of sites that I've used to verify certain functions it seems to do the job well. Not being a privacy expert in any way this is the best I can do to verify.
My trace settings are almost all enabled, and I really have not noticed it 'breaking' too many sites. (I already use 'umatrix' to do that).
Thanks Dev. Great extension.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14025195 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5This add-on does what it says it does and is very complete protection. I had an issue with fingerprint protection, emailed the developer who got back to me in about a week asking for more info and then released an update to fix the issue overnight. If you are looking for an add-on to protect your system from being identified by trackers this is the one. I hope as new tracking methods are developed the app keeps pace.
- par dLeon, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Main features work well on Firefox. Those alone already good show.
I think most of other features description is too cryptic for casual user. Aside the Web Request Controller (which is an ads/tracker/crypto blocker btw.) the others features could do major breakages if you don't know what you're doing.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anHi,
Thanks for the feedback, I'm currently planning to add a much simpler settings page which will make it much easier for less technical users to understand what they should and shouldn't enable.