- Noté 5 sur 5par Michaël Polla, il y a 5 ansI've used it several months now, and I can say it works very well. You get a list of expired bookmarks, with the reason (404, 501,...), and checking or removing a bookmark is just one click away. Before a recent update, if you had a lot of bookmarks it opened too many connections after a while, making some links appear as they were down, while they were actually working. But now I can't find any problem ! So thanks for this great, useful extension :-)
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13293365 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansI downloaded and installed this add-on, but I there are no instructions on how to use it, so it's kind of useless. If the developer sees this, please tell me what to do! I looked at my bookmarks and there is nowhere to start the program, I tried rt-clicking on it, I even searched the web for "how to use 404 bookmarks" and found nothing. I am frustrated! I really need this thing.
- Noté 3 sur 5par shawnincarlsbad, il y a 5 ansIt appears to function perfectly, but inconveniently. It would be much more convenient to use if the remove link was first on the line next to the link to the website. that way i could hover over the link, see where it points, move slightly left, and click remove rather than try to move my cursor all the way along the text to the opposit side of the window to click remove
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13182219 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThis is a useful addon. I would prefer if the [Remove] was at the beginning rather than the end. This would allow much faster cleanup when you have a very large vintage bookmarks file. Should be easy to change -- just swap the output fields with the link to the right.
I too noticed the 'Unexpired bookmarks' at the beginning of the file. Don't quite understand this yet.
Keep up the good work.
- Noté 3 sur 5par alekwo, il y a 5 ansThe tool is showing a lot of valid links with a status:
(TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.)
Not sure if this is due to a too short timeout or maybe some other status codes (like redirects)... but is making using the tool time consuming, as I still need to manually validate it's assessments (OK it's still better than going through all of my links manually).
There shall be an option to filter the list based on the status code (many 401s (Require Authentication) are valid links, so shall be a way to exclude them from the list).
Keep up to great work, thanks a lot for your efforts to make our life easier ;-)
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13061453 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansFirst problem was working out how to launch the addon. It adds a jigsaw piece icon to the toolbar. It must say somewhere in the docs but I had to google to find out.
Biggest problem is that it says it lists 'Unexpired bookmarks'. I wondered if this is a typo for expired but many it checked and offered to remove were valid. EG:
https://www.facebook.com (TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.) [Remove]
Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more (TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.) [Remove]
Other links were, indeed, broken.
Others users have found it works but not here, I'm afraid. Pity.
I would file a bug report but the support link takes me to Github and I don't know how to work it.
- Noté 5 sur 5par happysurf, il y a 5 ansVery good tool for the bookmarks.
The icon is standard and not consistent with the use of extension, please choice an other like a folder or a letter B or something like that.
In addition is very similar to an other extension "Simple Add-on Manager" at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/simple-add-on-manager/?src=api.
Better if black like the official Firefox toolbar icons.
- Noté 4 sur 5par nd4spd, il y a 5 ansHow about listing the number of 'expired' bookmarks too?
Ability to filter certain kinds of errors?
Button to 'remove all' expired bookmarks (with a warning dialog of-course)?
Thanks for the addon!
- Noté 5 sur 5par P M Donovan, il y a 5 ansI've used a couple of other dead bookmark finders and 404 has found ones that the others did not.
I do have to note that I've been on the I'net for 20+ years and have migrated my book marks from Prodigy to Netscape to FF.
404 is the best dead bookmark finder I've used. Yes, it is not perfect. But then, who or what is.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Paul Heil, il y a 5 ansImplementation in a panel is not a great idea since it re-checks all bookmarks each time you open it and the results don't cache. The list keeps scrolling to the top as it returns results so you have to wait until it's all done... and forget about viewing another website while it works since you have to start over if you leave the panel.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 ansI just updated the add-on the version 1.1, which moves from the panel to a normal webpage. You still don't get caching after you close the tab, but I don't think that would be really useful.
- Noté 2 sur 5par swingwolf, il y a 6 ansCette extension aurait pû remplacer AM-Deadlink avantageusement. Je l'ai installé sur Cyberfox 64 bits dernière version. Au premier clic sur l'icône dans la barre, 404 Book m'a listé un paquet de liens morts sur les 4000 que je dois avoir avec une étiquette "remove" à droite pour chacun des liens morts puis Cyberfox a planté puis si je clique à nouveau je n'ai plus rien à part Cyberfox qui "gèle" plus ou moins. Cette extension est très instable et pas finalisée. Je conserve pour l'instant en évitant son utilisation.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12815003 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansI love what this add-on tries to do but the implementation is very poor. The list of bad bookmarks often disappears for no apparent reason. Plus, there's no way to copy the questionable link (using Cntl-C) so that you can check the site in another tab or browser. If these two things were fixed then the add-on would be way more useful and usable.