- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 5957935 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIt displays annoying red circle in the corner, or sometimes a big red rectangle, which shows how many counters it blocked. There is no way to switch it off.
PS: with respect to developer's response, I was unable to find the ways to get to settings. When I click the icon, I don't get to settings. Users should not spend time discover how to get rid of annoying alerts (any alert is annoying if it is on the area alotted for displaying webpages), such alerts should be off by default, and getting to settings should be intuitive.We don't have a red icon..purple yes... you can turn off all notifications like the alert bubble and counter from the settings > notifications section. If you would like more assistance shoot us an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noté 3 sur 5par ridevries, il y a 5 ansWorks OK, but slows Firefox (60.0) down, many websites need twice as much time to load, even when added to the trusted list. When it is removed, speed is normal again. Ghostery does not make Chrome slower.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14027598 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThe blocker seems to be working well but I don't understand why it doesn't block trackers by default? Do I really need to block trackers manually on every website I visit?Everyone's privacy preferences are different which is why the current version does not block by default. You don't need to set page by page. Click the Icon > Settings > Global Blocking and click "Block All"
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14007230 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansGood tool. It works fine.Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns! Happy Browsing!
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13967158 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansGhostery is NOT blocking all ads. Also, I have to turn it off to download something.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13924985 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansI found UBlock to be much more professional and effectiveHi,
Ghostery 8 combines valuable blocking tools in order to provide a secure and fast web browsing experience without collecting any personal information. We have combined an Anti-Tracking Suite, and a Blocking List to ensure optimal results. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Ghostery Support at any time via Support@Ghostery.com. Here is a link that explains the new features available through using Ghostery 8:
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13877392 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansSeems to be causing issues with firefox 59.0.1 64bit on windows 10 Pro 64bit. No images will show and webpage layout is all messed up. Issue is fixed after disabling plugin.
- Noté 3 sur 5par The Beard Below My Chin, il y a 5 ansPositives:
- Idiot-proof, works out the box
- Novice and expert mode
- Listens and responds to community
- Beautifully designed interface
- Massive blocking list.
- First install: 'Analytics and "Human Web Data"' is actually opt out which is predatory for new users.
- Smart filter allows certain ads and tracking sites (Google ads for example).
- Owned by Cliqz GmbH who profit off anonymized data collection. They have to play nice with competing advertisers and trackers.
- Proprietary closed source/ partially open source.
I suggest using these addons who have no ties to user data collection/advertising as of now:
Ublock: Blocks ads / trackers
Umatrix: Allow/deny third party elements
Cookie Auto Delete: Keep useful cookies, auto delete trash cookies.
Privacy Badger: Uses heuristic for trackers, a "light" open-source variation of Ghostery.
- Noté 3 sur 5par FlipsTheSlayer, il y a 5 ansAs good as it is, I ended up having to disable it because it was causing some incessant problems on many of the sites I frequently visit. To start with, it always blocks Disqus, a comment system frequently used all over the net and although blocking of Disqus can be disabled, even after doing that, I'm still unable to log in to DIsqus unless I completely pause Ghostery, log in, then unpause it. Even then, when I unpause Ghostery and I reload the page, I find that I've been logged out of Disqus, yet this doesn't happen when I keep Ghostery paused. It also frequently causes problems on a bunch of different websites, such as blocking captchas, making it impossible to do certain things like log into some sites or create accounts on others. I could go on and on, but long story short, it caused me too many problems than it solved, so I'll be keeping it disabled until it gets a few patchesHey there.. sounds like if you toggle off the Ant-Tracking module this may solve your issue. More info here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/what-are-the-new-ghostery-8-features/
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13657857 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansCela fait un moment que j'utilise Ghostery mais depuis les dernières versions (1 mois environ) j'ai des problèmes avec des sites (paiement en ligne rejeté, perte de session). Un site me dit que je n'accepte pas les cookies alors que je n'ai pas ce genre de blocage. Un autre me dit que je bloque ses pubs alors que dans la conf j'accepte tous les mouchards... Pour que cela fonctionne il faut que je désactive Ghostery.
Dommage mais espérons que cela n'est qu'un bug temporaire...