- kirjoittanut Firefox user 13790003, 10 kuukautta sittenArvioitu 4/5I had been using an "outdated" version of Firefox simply because, as I think is the case for many others, some important-to-me add-ons were no longer supported in Quantum. CoLT was one of those add-ons. This add-on, however, has equaled CoLT for my purposes, and so now I've made a relatively comfortable move to the latest FF.
Thanks to both this author AND the author of CoLT, wherever you are. CoLT was, to me, one of the most useful add-ons; ya done good. :)
- kirjoittanut Gess, vuosi sittenArvioitu 3/5I want to copy the selected text along with the links:
the selected text itself;
the name of the link;
For example, here is a piece of text from a wikipedia article:
This is a simple copy of the text.
A hardware platform can refer to an instruction set architecture. For example: x86 architecture and its variants such as IA-32 and x86-64. These machines often run one version of Microsoft Windows, though they can run other operating systems as well, including Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, macOS and FreeBSD.
And so I need:
A hardware platform can refer to an instruction set architecture https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instruction_set_architecture. For example: x86 architecture and its variants such as IA-32 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32 and x86-64 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64. These machines often run one version of Microsoft Windows, though they can run other operating systems as well, including Linux, OpenBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD, NetBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD, macOS and FreeBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD.
How to do this in link-text-location-copier?
- kirjoittanut sojusnik, vuosi sittenArvioitu 5/5The development of this add-on has stopped, because the creator of this add-on has passed away, see https://github.com/evilnickname/link-text-location-copier/issues/34
- kirjoittanut Firefox user 12891445, kaksi vuotta sittenArvioitu 5/5Excellent replacement for CoLT, nice improvement over Format Link. Question: Would it be possible to change the format of the timestamp (%L) with this add-on?
- kirjoittanut xeem, kaksi vuotta sittenArvioitu 5/5thank you for this! i've been looking for a CoLT replacement that could copy a selection/title and link and paste it to visual TinyMCE (WordPress editor) with the proper mime type so it ends up as an HTML link - perfect!
- kirjoittanut Michael Kenward, kolme vuotta sittenArvioitu 3/5Nice. As others say, it takes over where COLT left off.
It negates my main reason for not updating Firefox.
I need to work out how to configure it in the same way. (Hence the ***.) But that is down to me rather than the app.
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty kolme vuotta sittenThanks for using the extension and the review. I have written some documentation, available at https://evilnickname.github.io/link-text-location-copier, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
- kirjoittanut Firefox user 14026143, kolme vuotta sittenArvioitu 5/5I use this addon to cite text from websites with the page URL. Unfortunately, "Context dependant custom format variables" stopped copying URL's for plain text, after a Firefox update.
I checked on the author's page for the addon: https://evilnickname.github.io/link-text-location-copier/
It offered "Context independant custom format variables" in a second table. I used those. Changing the "plain text" menu format works perfectly (even, at the moment, in Nightly):
%selection% — %N — %pagetitle% — %N — %pageurl%
- kirjoittanut vertigo, kolme vuotta sittenArvioitu 4/5Neat addon that could be very useful. Unfortunately, since I set dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled to false, the addon won't work for me, and I'm not going to enable that just for this. It would be great if it could be made to work without requiring that. One piece of advice for the author: have it check the status of that setting and warn if it's disabled. I spent a few minutes trying to get it working and was about to leave a 1-star review thinking it wasn't doing anything.