- Arvioitu 5/5The best of its kind! Period!
- Arvioitu 3/5I want to copy the selected text along with the links:
the selected text itself;
the name of the link;
For example, here is a piece of text from a wikipedia article:
This is a simple copy of the text.
A hardware platform can refer to an instruction set architecture. For example: x86 architecture and its variants such as IA-32 and x86-64. These machines often run one version of Microsoft Windows, though they can run other operating systems as well, including Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, macOS and FreeBSD.
And so I need:
A hardware platform can refer to an instruction set architecture https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instruction_set_architecture. For example: x86 architecture and its variants such as IA-32 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32 and x86-64 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64. These machines often run one version of Microsoft Windows, though they can run other operating systems as well, including Linux, OpenBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD, NetBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD, macOS and FreeBSD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD.
How to do this in link-text-location-copier?
- Arvioitu 5/5Excellent replacement for CoLT, nice improvement over Format Link. Question: Would it be possible to change the format of the timestamp (%L) with this add-on?
- Arvioitu 1/5unfortunately this extension is largely broken and, apparently, unmaintained
context menu items are sometimes duplicated and copying fails until all options are deleted and recreated
- Arvioitu 5/5thank you for this! i've been looking for a CoLT replacement that could copy a selection/title and link and paste it to visual TinyMCE (WordPress editor) with the proper mime type so it ends up as an HTML link - perfect!
- Arvioitu 5/5Great extension if you work a lot with links. Saved my workflow after Quantum wrecked it. Developer very responsive.
- Arvioitu 5/5good !
- Arvioitu 3/5Nice. As others say, it takes over where COLT left off.
It negates my main reason for not updating Firefox.
I need to work out how to configure it in the same way. (Hence the ***.) But that is down to me rather than the app.
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty vuosi sittenThanks for using the extension and the review. I have written some documentation, available at https://evilnickname.github.io/link-text-location-copier, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
- Arvioitu 5/5I use this addon to cite text from websites with the page URL. Unfortunately, "Context dependant custom format variables" stopped copying URL's for plain text, after a Firefox update.
I checked on the author's page for the addon: https://evilnickname.github.io/link-text-location-copier/
It offered "Context independant custom format variables" in a second table. I used those. Changing the "plain text" menu format works perfectly (even, at the moment, in Nightly):
%selection% — %N — %pagetitle% — %N — %pageurl%
- Arvioitu 4/5Neat addon that could be very useful. Unfortunately, since I set dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled to false, the addon won't work for me, and I'm not going to enable that just for this. It would be great if it could be made to work without requiring that. One piece of advice for the author: have it check the status of that setting and warn if it's disabled. I spent a few minutes trying to get it working and was about to leave a 1-star review thinking it wasn't doing anything.
- Arvioitu 5/5A very good replacement for COLT
- Arvioitu 4/5very very very good replacement for colt which i loved also thank you so much
- Arvioitu 5/5Great replace for CoLT! Version 1.4.4. works fine!
- Arvioitu 5/5Sehr gut, aber es fehlt noch eine Kleinigkeit: wenn man auf eine URL mit Bild klickt, sollten die URL des Bildes, der Alternativtext und die eigentliche URL zur Verfügung stehen. Wir brauchen also noch ein "%I"-Tag! Außerdem sollte die Übesetzung der Tags auch mehrfach funktionieren (mehrere %U in einer Zeile).
English: very good, only a simple function is missing. If you click on a link with picture, the picture URL, alternative text and underlying URL should be copied. So we need something like an "%I"-Tag. And the tags should be replaced in all occurences (like more than one %U in a line of text).
€: I used "Make Link" before and it helps copying product links in to forum BB-code. So you have a picture, description (alternative text) and URL all in one with one click.
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty kaksi vuotta sittenThanks for your review. In the new version (1.4.2, released moments ago), I made it possible to use the same 'tag' multiple times. It never occurred to me to think of that, so thanks for bringing it up.
Support for copying images is on my road map, but I'm still not sure how to do that in a way that makes sense.
Update: I've added a %I variable, that will return the image url. I really have to think about adding some conditional logic to the templates to make it really useful, but it's a start.
- Arvioitu 5/5Thanks for this--nice options, and it works!
Time saver when compiling bibliography-references, contributing meaningful links in forums, and creating "how-to" docs.