- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Valerio, kaksi vuotta sittenFeedbro is definitely my favourite feed reader for Firefox. My only gripe with it is that you can't seem to disable loading images in articles, which I remember I could do in some old XUL based feed readers, thus the 4 stars. Otherwise I have no complaints: it offers a ton of customizability in terms of appearance, layout and font type and size, and it loads new feeds instantly without impacting on the browser performance.
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 16699356, kaksi vuotta sittenI love all about this, but one bug exist: news article can not be deleted when I delete them using button in FF bar. It acts like article was deleted, but after browser restart article is back like nothing happened. Good for me I almost never using this feature. Just looks weird, really. It is not a matter of "indexdb" mentioned, since all other features work and settings and news are being saved or deleted(from inside of addon) normally.Feedbro does not immediately save changes to the disk. So if you delete an article and close the browser right after that, changes aren't persisted. Pending changes are written to the disk periodically so you need to wait a while. This is purely for performance reasons because for example when marking articles as read, it would be quite inefficient to write all changes immediately.
- Arvioitu 3/5kirjoittanut Clément, kaksi vuotta sittenSad that it does not work with MacRumors. Pretty cool for the other news websites I use. Thank you!Works fine on http://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-All - what URL doesn't work?
EDIT: user found out that the reason for this was that they had Firefox's standard "HTTPS-Only" mode on and that MacRumous feed supports just HTTP. Even disabling the requirement for the site doesn't help because apparently HTTPS requirement is still enforced for every URL using XMLHttpRequest API that Feedbro uses.
Bug report has been submitted: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1692811
- Arvioitu 2/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 12922188, kaksi vuotta sittenPretty GUI but limited functionality. Some feeds wont update, can not load more than 100 articles from a feed etc.
Thank you for reply but this is not a support request I tried many RSS readers to find the best suited for my needs and this is my impression of this extension. Around 80% of other readers I tried doesnt have such problems so I gave you 2 stars. I already tried the method you mentioned and it doesnt work for me. You made a pretty looking GUI but for me this is not so much important as simple use, functionality and fast retrieving of many articles. Good luck in your future work.
I need rss for podcast downloading but the problem is present on all feeds I tried and cause is that 'Maximum entries to save' context menu entry is not working for me so I canot get more than max default 100 entries. If for example default max is set to 2 articles than I cannot get an individual feed to download more than 2 articles. Options value is accepted and set correctly but has no effect on number of articles downloaded. I am using latest Firefox fresh clean install.EDIT: Feedbro can save more than 100 articles per feed (see e.g. https://i.imgur.com/tVrquyl.png). However, we did find that in versions prior to 4.9.9 there was a bug that the "add feed dialog" didn't respect the custom "maximum entries to save" during the initial first load. In subsequent loads it was respected so it was possible to save more than 100 articles but it required that the feed provided new entries.
This is now fixed in 4.9.9+ so that the max entries setting is also respected during the first load (if the feed happens to provide enough articles - many XML feeds have just 10 or 20 latest articles).
Also it's highly likely that some feeds that don't seem to update have some problem. We are always happy to help our users to find out what the problem is but generic statements like that don't help anyone. Post some URLs of feeds that don't work please.
You can save more than 100 articles per feed. Right-click the feed in the feed tree, select Properties and adjust the max count. If feed doesn't update, there's a problem with the feed.
Reviews aren't meant for support requests. If you have a problem, send us an email at feedbro.reader AT gmail.com with the links to problematic feeds.
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut OneSource, kaksi vuotta sittenTHE BEST! THE ONLY RSS EXTENSION YOU WILL EVER NEED! This extension caught me be surprised to say the least. Before downloading Feedbro I never really used/knew/or cared about RSS feeds, but now I will never go back! Feedbro isn't like other RSS/Feed Readers, most only have the ability to display RSS feeds, meaning you have to find/copy/paste the address of the feed and for the most part that isn't an issue, but with Feedbro's ability to Grab a Feed from a page you are able to do all types of things with it. For instance, the online platform that my college uses for our course information is coded in such a way that allows Feedbro to grab the contents of certain/different pages and update the content as they update. I would love a Feedbro app: something that can interact with the desktop and syncs the user's information/feeds. So the app wouldn't need all of the functionality of the extension, but if there was something to install that could be pinned to the Start Menu as a Live Tile. There are some in the Microsoft store already but they are not as clean as Feedbro, also the ability to just sync feeds would be nice.
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut Arwis, kaksi vuotta sittenЛучшая читалка RSS, которой я когда-либо пользовался. Но есть один недочёт - все вновь (с новыми датой и временем публикации) полученные статьи должны помечаться как "непрочитанные", даже если они были ранее получены 5 мин. назад.
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut Sugoi, kaksi vuotta sittenGreat add-on! I like the simple design and the high degree of customizability. Best part for me is the 'Rule engine' that allows me to filter out any content not relevant to me!
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 16619683, kaksi vuotta sittenWow, so simple and perfect. Thunderbird RSS feed did not give notifications. Installed this & works flawlessly & it has dark theme. Perfect.
- Arvioitu 5/5kirjoittanut AdMan, kaksi vuotta sittenGreat add-on, but I wish there was an possibility to open feeds in the same tab that is already open, and not just in a new tab for each feeds you want to read. Is there a possibility for that?