kirjoittanut Gogbog, kaksi kuukautta sitten
One of the best alternative search engines, and criticisms of blacklisting/censorship the past month are to this date unfounded. Just try to do a search for any claimed blacklist sites.
I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- kirjoittanut Rhonda, neljä päivää sittenArvioitu 2/5DuckDuckGo exhausts me. It rarely brings up what I'm looking for, even when I enter detailed queries with dates or simple queries. I find myself going to other search engines to find a current answer to my query.
- kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 15151704, kahdeksan päivää sittenArvioitu 1/5After DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty viisi päivää sittenNeither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 17155439, 12 päivää sittenArvioitu 1/5I'm also convinced they're allowing Microsoft to track people. I found out that for now UltraBlock is a good alternative. It also blocks trackers and tries to block ads on top of that.
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty 12 päivää sittenWe are not. We don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- kirjoittanut Mr.Pikachu The Madman, 14 päivää sittenArvioitu 1/5Wow.
Never in a million years did I think a organization could break my trust this badly.
Their contractual obligations to Microsoft should have been upfront.
Also, note the developer responses in these reviews! They're lying through their teeth!
Use something else like Brave Search.
Kehittäjän vastauslähetetty 12 päivää sittenHi Mr.Pikachu. We're not sure if you've read the detailed summary that our founder/CEO wrote on reddit a few weeks ago but you can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
The stories going around are very misleading and hopefully that link above will provide more context.
- kirjoittanut othello7, 14 päivää sittenArvioitu 3/5DDG used to be good. Nothing too much wrong with the extension as far as I can tell, but the company has made some very questionable decisions that make me want to get as far away from it as possible. Sorry old friend
- kirjoittanut mister_x, 15 päivää sittenArvioitu 3/5Can't navigate correctly in nike.com (I can't shop) even if "site privacy protection" is disabled. Must disable this addon. Same thing happens for a few other shopping sites.
- kirjoittanut rado84, 21 päivää sittenArvioitu 4/5Not bad for the most part but I just discovered this extension is not only throttling my upload speed to Google Drive in half but it also prevents me from uploading large files there - anything larger than 500 MB (in this particular case - 9GB file).
- kirjoittanut privacy-xplorer, kuukausi sittenArvioitu 1/5Lack of transparency in operating policy, blocking trackers but allowing certain trackers anon or not without clearly informing users butchers trust and credibility.