- by Firefox user 13502391, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5It was great until Firefox 57 and version 5. Now I can't install any new scripts whatsoever and every single one of mine is broken. I've spent the past several hours trying to get them work and they don't anymore. I've moved to TamperMonkey now which works like a charm.
Greasemonkey 4 is a piece of crap that I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding.
- by Firefox user 12843398, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Greasemokey was great... until they seem to have decided that "Less is More" when it comes to their program. The new updates roll in and suddenly I can't do half of what I used to, and half of my scripts are gone and can't return. I can't even manually write scripts into it anymore, they have to be put on their download site and pulled from there. Yeah, no thanks, Mozilla is already spying on us enough already, I don't care to invite more.
It was a good run, but it's over. Sorry to see you fall, Greasemonkey.
- by Andrey Dogadkin, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Everything was good until the authors decided to go with backwards incompatible changes for v4. There are lots of user scripts which are not going to be updated in a timely manner (or even ever). Personally I can not support a decision to be progressive at the expense of the end users. And considering the presence of mature and steady alternatives to Greasemonkey I don't see any reason to stay here.
Все было в порядке до тех пор, пока разработчики не приняли решение сделать версию 4 обратно несовместивой. Существует множество пользовательских скриптов, которые не будут обновлены своевременно (или вообще когда либо). Лично я не поддерживаю решение быть прогрессивными за счет пользователей, и, с учетом существования надежных альтернатив, не вижу причин оставаться на Greasemonkey.
- by Nartren, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Besides questionable decision to go with incompatible changes, was it really necessary to make WebExtension version FF 57+ only??
With current FF mess the only reasonable option is to keep FF 56 while slowly upgrading extensions or searching for replacements.
- by KudoAmine, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5The new version is bad, some scripts are not working, others are so slow to be executed.. i wish you can just port the old version to Firefox Quantum.. i switched back to Firefox 56 just for the old version of Greasmonkey.
- by Firefox user 13474775, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Userscript addon that forgot the ability to add custom userscripts? Added breaking changes to API but in order to modify my userscript to make it work again, I had to download someone else's userscript from a website then edit it and paste my script over it because there is no "Add script" button anymore. I'll fix the changes but be asking all of my users to switch to TM.
- by gnadelwartz, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Greasemonkey is not compatible to itself since ported to webextension (FF57).
Your argument "We have to do it this way becasue of webextension" is useless, tampermonkey and USI had it done without breaking th API!
Sorry guys but you I went over to tampermonkey and USI to keep my scripts running!
- by Valmont, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Doesn't install a single script as of the update. How to install manually is nowhere to be found. This script is useless. Using latest Greasemonkey with Firefox Quantum.
- by Firefox user 13441896, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Раньше он работал идеально, но новая версия для WebExtensions просто не работает, её не нужно было выпускать, лучше бы доработали, ждем обновлений, а пока буду сидеть на Violentmonkey
- by Lemons22, ۴ سال پیشRated ۱ out of 5Well this is just STUPID. This new version broke pretty much all my scripts. Is there even a point to this addon anymore? Why use this and have a bunch of broken scripts when I can just download Tampermonkey which also works with FF57 AND doesn't break all my old scripts? Give me one good reason.