- by Wray, ۳ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Interesting concept ruined by unbelievably bloated execution.
Downloaded solely for the default volume option and to disable default auto-play; the latter works - the former doesn't.
In practice, videos load and begin playing too quickly - before the extension can modify (lower) the volume. Maybe it'd work better if my PC were a potato or my browser ran like crap, but for obvious reasons I'm going to skip that test and go back to using a simple script for what I need.
Has a few other features that might be interesting in very niche scenarios, if they actually work, but nothing that either your average end-user nor your function-minded power-user will care about. Get rid of all that garbage and optimize the remaining code, and maybe this'll be worth trying again.
For now... hard pass.
- by Firefox user 16871159, ۴ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5while the features are good half the time it does not allow me to play the videos, I keep refreshing page and pressing on the play button and its been more than 4 months. I wonder if anyone reported it or the devs are simply not updating it anymore.
- by Mojave, ۵ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Generally an awesome plug-in I use every single day. The latest update is bugged though. If you go to youtube in a new tab and click on any video (click on the video, do not open it to a new tab) it now redirects to a random (or maybe most recent?) community post. Tried clearing cache, didn't help. Disabling the plugin of course fixes the problem consistently.
- by Savannah, ۶ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Not sure when this started, but this add-on seems to prevent videos from beginning at the correct time when there's a timestamp in the YouTube link. i.e. If you go to a link that says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[video]&t=574s, the video will just start at the beginning instead of starting at 9:34. This problem went away as soon as I disabled this add-on.
- by person331912, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5the latest updates did nothing but detract from the add-on and worsen the experience. one made it so you have to click farther away to access the add-on's buttons, the other made it so you need another click before you can access them in the form of a triple dot icon. and finally expanding the video player does not work correctly most of the time ever since these updates rolled out. i don't know why they're doing this but this used to be my #1 extension. now i'm forced to roll back to out of date versions.
- by TeamDman, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Recent update made it not worth the effort to keep enabled.
Extension settings now override youtube ones, instead of adapting them. If you turn the autoplay toggle off, it still keeps autoplaying since the extension's checkbox for autoplay doesn't update.
Having videos be auto-paused in new tabs until you click them behaviour changed, now you have to click the youtube icon in the centre of the video instead of just clicking anywhere on the video. Overrides youtube specified theme with the extension one. If it's not going to respect changes made to settings using the buttons on the youtube page, it should at least hide those buttons.
- by Mr Goof, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Was working absolutely fine until the update, now experiencing all sorts of problems. Like the old saying goes " if it isn't broken, fix it until it is!" Had to disable it.
Edit: Reinstalled Version 2.0.101 from here, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/enhancer-for-youtube/versions/ and everything appears to work as before, turned off auto updates for the time being. Will update when fixed.
- by Firefox user 12741256, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Everything works, but it won't load when I start Firefox. I have to go into Add-ons manager and toggle it off then back on for it to work. Very annoying and will have to look for an alternative add-on and uninstall this if it isn't fixed. What's the point of the Add-on if it won't work!
- by firefox-user964, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5This used to be a great addon, latest update is still functional but the new interface is awful, too fussy and intrusive. Bring back the old look.
Edit - for those who prefer the old look you can rollback to the previous version
- by Lothay, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5I don't like the new update. New buttons are way too big and cluttered. The 'boost volume' button covers up my sound bar for some reason. The speed button was turned into three separate buttons, you can still change the speed by scrolling the main one, so I don't see the point of other two. Also before the update you could scroll down and still use the toolbar but now you have to go all the way up.
- by Firefox user 16286954, ۷ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5Great to see a new version though I was happy with the last one for a long time but the one feature I want that is generic BUT missing now.. How to disable continuous play-mode. I watch YouTube till I sleep but it keeps playing till I wake up to switch off or from afar at my bed click the TINY auto-play off.
- by Jonathan Paugh, ۸ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5This extension has a plethora of options, but they're not well organized. (Look at the settings for any popular IDE for how it should look.) What I needed was A) an assurance that the default settings would not modify YouTube at all (or at least a summary of the default changes), and B) a quick way to discover if the specific feature I need actually exists in this plugin.
Without A), I have to read and understand *every* option before I can rely on this plugin, and without B) I don't even know if it's worth the effort or not. In summary, the new-user experience suffers from the sheer magnitude of what it can do.
- by Gordol, ۸ ماه پیشRated ۲ out of 5I find this to be highly inconsistent. Sometimes the videos are in expanded view, sometimes in default view, sometimes in cinema view and sometimes in theater view, all without changing the settings in this extension. Makes it highly unpredictable as to what my viewing experience will be.
On top of that, the settings are very obtuse in what they actually do and how thee interact with each other. For example, I count at least three different settings for the viewport size. WHY???