- Rated 3 out of 5by DaveA, duela 15 egunFunctionally, this is a good password manager. The big negative is the requirement that you give them the access to all your searches in order to make the app operable.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jeanne, duela 3 hilabeteI've been using Roboform for over 30 years. Started as a resident download only. Even then it was robust, too robust, actually. Help files, such as they were, were written by programmers and in techie words. I stayed with it and gradually figured out how to use the more complicated features, besides logins.
The problem now -- writing this for Firefox extension using Windows 11 -- is that the extension doesn't actually show in Firefox, even though it is installed.
In 1983 I had one of the first at least 50k IBM AT computers running DOS 1.1 or thereabouts. Very rudimentary. I learned as software came along. This extension for Mozilla Firefox is so complex that there is nothing within any documentation to help it work correctly. Lots of explanations, but no real help. I read everything and search before asking for help. The help search which returns old Q&A rarely answers my questions.
Seems every software uses this sort of community system along with what user manuals they have. There should have been a "law" that ONLY new users be allowed to write manuals and help systems, so they are not written by engineers who already know all the is and outs. Oh, well. I will keep using RF and its extensions, but like everything else it gets bigger and more and more to the point where it outlives its original purpose and is so complex as to make it close to useless.
Our capitalist system works when companies expand, make more money, etc. It is too bad most software isn't "fixed" before more things are added. But then companies couldn't add new features to compete and make more money. I don't know the answer to any of this. I don't think there is one.
I still recommend RF to people. I've never had any sort of breach.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17041837, duela 5 hilabeteI've been using Robo for about 7 years and obviously I've seen the product become what it is today. It's great when its working and frustrating when its not...For me some of the changes that drives me up the wall is the app has added too much fluff that is unnecessary, e.g.,not listing the names of my sites instead showing trade-mark pictures. Nice but not necessary. This is just one of several examples. Management should be thinking, "Make it easy for the customer to buy from ..." and "Less is more"
- Rated 3 out of 5by PattyCook, duela 8 hilabeteI really really like RoboForm and have used for a number of years. For the last several months I have had a problem with it loading. Then, one day it will load. I need to go into Manage Extension and turn on the icon and can use RoboForm that way but the program seldom loads on homepage.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17686285, duela urte batMy program has suddenly stopped saving my passwords/logins, so now I have to go into the site and manually add passwords from your site to get into anything. I can't find any information in support about how to fix this problem. Very frustrating!!!