Acerca de mí
|Usuario desde||Mar. 5, 2007|
|Número de complementos desarrollados||0 complementos|
|Calificación media de sus complementos||Sin puntuar aún|
Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
It does work, but it's such a CONFUSING and badly designed add-on and I had almost given up on using it.
When I first installed it, there were no instructions whatsoever: no information in the add-on description about how to use it, and no options or preferences within the add-on.
I went to their website looking for help, but the site is just a page saying what it does. There's no help or instructions there at all.
After a lot of searching, I discovered that in the top right corner of their website there's this tiny little icon with 3 lines, and if you click on that there's a hidden menu with a link to "How it works". Great! Or so I thought... This page explains that in order to use the add-on you need to register, but it doesn't say how. So then I went back to the secret menu and found another hidden link called "Register". When I clicked this, expecting to register, I was told that in order to register you have to DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION!
I only wanted an add-on, not a standalone application! So I uninstalled the addon and at this point I had given up on it.
But then I was just about to close the "Register" page when I noticed an image on that page depicting what appeared to be a web browser, with an interface coming out of on the toolbar, and someone registering through that interface. I decided to install it again, just in case it was possible to register without installing the application.
To my surprise, I found I was able to register WITHOUT installing the app. When you install the add-on, it adds a small button to the toolbar. You wouldn't notice it unless you were looking because it's grey, and sits right at the very end of the bar, hiding under the big red "close application" button. And unlike most add-ons, all the controls are situated here on the toolbar, rather than actually in the Add-on's options.
So basically their webpage is lying when it says you need to install the app - YOU DON'T! Ignore their webpage!
I then managed to get the add-on working, though it wasn't easy because it's SO badly designed. None of the buttons have labels, so in order to do anything you have to just randomly click on buttons and see what they do. I was told that before I could use the add-on I would need to change my password, but there's nothing which tells you how to do this. It took me ages to figure out how to change my password: what you have to do is click on a little button at the bottom of the interface that has no label. I don't even know what the icon is meant to be. It's all very mysterious. The interface is also hard to read - sometimes the background turns green, with white text, which is very hard to read. (No idea why. No instructions were given about this.)
So overall, this application suffers from poor design, but with a bit of persistence it is possible to get it working, and potentially it could be very good.
They really do need to get their website working properly so that all the information is clearly presented, without having to go searching in hidden menus. Their homepage is absolutely HUGE, full of text and pictures, yet all the key information about how to register is hidden inside a tiny little icon right at the very top!
They also need to remove the false information about the requirement to install the app in order to register, because that is extremely confusing and misleading, and I had almost given up on this add-on, thinking it needed an external application, when it doesn't.
They should also get the interface properly designed, so that all the buttons are clearly labeled and easy to use. Buttons without text are just irritating and make it extremely frustrating to use something. All you need is a simple button that says "settings" or "account settings". It's so simple. But people aren't psychic, so unless you tell people what buttons do, we're not going to magically know.
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
This does exactly what I needed it to do, and the best thing about it is that when you install it, it loads a page with really simple instructions on how to use, plus a testing ground. Most addons don't have helpful instructions like this. Thanks! :)Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (188.8.131.52).
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
This add-on seems very good, though one thing I have noticed that it has only 60 of the 66 books of the Bible. I would like to request the six missing books, which are: Habakkuk, Malachi, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Philemon. As a Christian, I talk about these books constantly. It is also a shame that the add-on doesn't include American spellings such as color. When I'm not speaking to Brits, I prefer to use American English, so as not to create any barriers in communication.Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (2.57).
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Please, please, please update for Quantum! Thanks!
Moves my tabs to the right! Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
This seemed like exactly what I wanted - a way to have my tabs on the left and bookmarks on the right. But it moved my tabs to the right as well, so it's useless to me. I use Vertical Tabs Reloaded.
Excellent Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Thank you Wizardgoat for this excellent add-on which does exactly what I want: All my bookmark folders used to look the same, making it hard to quickly find the one I want on the bookmark toobar... not any more. Thank you! :)
I have a few suggestions for improvement...
1. When you bring up the dialog to assign folder images, the dialog is very tall and it covers up the bookmarks bar. That is a shame because if it was just a little less tall you would be able to see the bookmarks bar and see the changes you are making.
2. It would be so much quicker and easier if you could change a folder's image by simply right clicking on the folder and using the context menu to change its image. It could be done in only 4 clicks! Currently if you want to change a folder's image you have to go through the following process...
1) Find and click the add-on's button
2) Click the option to change folders
3) Find and click on the folder you want to change
4) Click "Pick a new folder image"
5) Select the new image
6) Click Assign
7) Close the window
3. When you click the add-on's button, a number of options appear. I think the wording of these options is a little confusing and could be made neater. For example I would call it "Set up folder images" instead of "Set Bookmarks Folder Images". I would just call it "Options" instead of "Bookmarks Folder Images Options" and "Help" instead of "Bookmarks Folder Images Help". I think that would be simpler.
4. In the options you have a radio button to select whether the add-on is active or not. I think it would be better to have a simple checkbox with the word "Add-on enabled".
5. Another user commented that the colors you offer are all too bright and cartoony, to which you replied that his screen brightness must be too bright. But what he means is that all the colors you offer are very strong, saturated colors and there aren't many pastel or greyer colors - such as would be suitable for business, accounting etc. Perhaps you could offer just a few off-grey colors?
6. I must say that while you have offered a good selection of 'images' which don't look like folders, I am not personally going to use any of them. Why? Because they don't look at all like folders and I would find them confusing. I might well even forget they were folders at all. I think the solution to this would be to offer images of folders with pictures ON the folders, then people can see that they are folders. I am a graphic designer/illustrator and would be very happy to help with this if you needed additional images? If you like you can send me a message on Mozillazine (http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=121681).
7. When the list of folder images appears on the screen, the colors go from left to right. It would perhaps be better if they went from top to bottom, so that similar colors appeared directly next to one another?
8. Finally, not an important thing but I think you should change the name of the add-on to something more descriptive such as "Colorful bookmark folders". That is my humble suggestion anyway. For me it's not really about images but all about adding colour.
Thanks once again! :) p.s. As a lover of Israel, I really like all your Israel icons!
Wonderful! Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
The Bookmarks Toolbar is normally so cumbersome and hard to use. This really helps, thanks! I wish this were built into Firefox!
If anyone wants vertical tabs... Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
If you used this addon because you want vertical tabs, I have found a much better new addon for this, called Vertical Tabs Reloaded. It gives you a choice of tab styles, and it is easily hidden in full screen mode. :)Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (0.12.5). Este usuario tiene una valoración anterior de este complemento.
PLEASE fix it! Doesn't work in Firefox v45 Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I have used this great add-on for years but now it is totally un-usable because you can't open new tabs (Ctrl+T doesn't work).
PLEASE can you fix it!
Developer no longer involved Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
I was told in an email:
"Sorry, I don't have any time to work on Vertical Tabs. It's on GitHub (https://github.com/philikon/VerticalTabs), feel free to fork it, or work with some of the other folks who have forked it and are improving it. I'm really not involved anymore at this point."
I have no idea how to use GitHub!
Brilliant, but doesn't work with latest Firefox Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I love this add-on! Please can you update it?
Excellent Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I wanted an add-on for switching between tab groups with a bar. First I tried "TabGroups Manager" but it is very buggy and bloated with unnecessary features. Also it doesn't integrate with Firefox's own tab groups, this means Firefox's tab group controls don't work, and when you uninstall the add-on you lose all the groups because they were never real Firefox groups to begin with.
This add-on however does exactly what I need, is nice and simple, and seems very solid and bug-free. Thank you! :)
I would like to request the following features (especially the first three):
1. Wider tabs, ideally custom width (I only use 5 tab groups and they are currently very small on the left of the screen)
2. Custom icon on the tab, this would make it more attractive and far easier to quickly find the right tab
3. Number of tabs the group contains written on each tab (right aligned)
4. Size option for the bar, allowing bigger text in taller tabs
5. Ability to re-order/drag tabs
Keeps crashing, had to uninstall Puntuado con 2 de 5 estrellas
Shame, this would be a superb add-on, but it has many bugs, the biggest being that sometimes all the tabs load blank and the groups are empty (good job I had Session Manager to retrieve previous sessions).
I'm reporting the bug here as support site doesn't seem to exist, which also concerns me.
Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Warning, this is NOT high quality! Instead of simply downloading the mp3, it links to a site that downloads the mp3, then re-encodes it to a NEW low quality mp3 file!?
I don't understand why there are addons that re-convert a YouTube mp3 into a new mp3? Re-encoding a lossy file is just plain dumb as you inevitably lose quality. But to re-encode at the low quality of 128kbps (as this site does) is just crazy.
Currently the best way I've found to download mp3 from YouTube is to use an addon called "Download YouTube Videos as MP4". You can then extract the mp3s with an excellent program called "Free video to mp3 converter".
Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
Still doesn’t work after the update on 3rd of June 2013. I am now using a plug-in called YouTube Video, Audio and Subtitle Downloader, which works for all videos.Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (184.108.40.206-signed). Este usuario tiene 2 valoraciones anteriores de este complemento.
It works. Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
With DownloadHelper not working I have been looking for an alternative that works. I’m pleased to say this works really well! Thanks :)
Though the interface is very odd and really confused me for a long time. There are two options: "Quick Download" and "Download Links". The option that any normal person would use is "Download Links". You simply click it to see what choices of download you have, then choose one. That couldn't be easier.
However, if you want to use the other option, "Quick Download", it's not quick at all because it means you have to 1) First click on the "download links" option to see what resolutions and file formats are available, and then 2) Manually set the resolution and file format in the settings.
The interface is also confusing because the manual settings for resolution and file format are placed in a position that makes it look like they always apply. When in fact they only apply if you are using the weird "Quick Download" option.
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I see this was updated just a couple of days ago, but the bug continues. (And the support site doesn’t load.) Some videos download, but many don’t (eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-KrlRjh-M)Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (220.127.116.11-signed). Este usuario tiene otras valoraciones de este complemento.
Bug report Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I’m getting the same problem as of 13 June 2013. Many YT videos download as 0kb and no file is downloaded. Your support page doesn’t load or I would have posted this there. I love Video DownloadHelper and use it daily so hope you can fix it please. Thank you for this outstanding add-on! :)Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (18.104.22.168-signed).
Excellent, except… Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
I love this add-on! It is exactly what I wanted. I also love that it shows visited links clearly! thank you! :)
However, I feel it would be far better with the following four options:
1. A menu button (I don’t use the Add-on Bar).
2. Custom colour instead of white text. (I’d prefer a gentle colour like amber #FFD11C).
3. Custom colour instead of black background. (I’d prefer a dark brown, so that any black elements are not invisible).
4. How about a special mode that retains more of the differences in text and background colour? It could work like this: all bright background colours are inverted and darkened, and all dark text colours are inverted and lightened?
Also, I think the menu item should say “White on Black” instead of “Reverse colours”, because it’s not actually reversing the colours, it’s making everything white on black.
Preview picture doesn’t work! Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
TubeStop used to show a preview picture of the stopped video, but that’s not been working for about 6 months. I’ve contacted the author with no response. Nothing seems to be done about this! This was a good add-on, but now without a preview picture you don’t know which video is which until you click on it to play it. :(
Para crear tu propia colección, debes tener una cuenta de Mozilla Add-ons.