Acerca de mí
|Usuario desde||September 19, 2012|
|Número de complementos desarrollados||0 complementos|
|Calificación media de sus complementos||Sin puntuar aún|
Do we need an extension ? Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
The only thing this extension does, which can not be done without, is keep the folder pane on the left. Is that really more useful than just having the message cover the whole area ?
Stock Thunderbird includes "open in new tab", with shortcut Ctrl-O, which show the message covering full area (no message list, no folder list). Usual shortcuts (like press f for next message, n for next unread message) work as expected in this view.
Simple. No extension, no incompatibility, no trouble.
Nice but could be more flexible. Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
stl could be made more flexible. For example:
* let user configure a pattern to compute file name (instead of a check box "choose page title")
* option to save selection as HTML (à la SaveSel).
The thing that make this app different from similar ones is that it directly saves into a file.
Regarding other aspects, other add-ons are better. For example, several other users writing review here actually needed "Easy Copy" or "SaveSel".
I chose "Easy Copy" instead because it allows to combine many use cases that would otherwise need several add-ons (though Easy Copy does not directly save to file).
Depending on your needs you might prefer one or the other.
I chose Easy Copy instead. Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
SaveSel does have options to finetune saved selection, which makes a difference from other add-ons.
I chose "Easy Copy" instead because it allows to combine many use cases that would otherwise need several add-ons.
Depending on your needs you might prefer one or the other.
Consider Easy Copy instead Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
CopyTitle was not updated for a ling time. It might suit you still.
"Easy Copy" is more up-to-date, does all "CopyTitle" does, plus covers much more use cases with easy configuration.
Efficient and flexible. Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
* The need
1) Do you often need to paste a readable link to a page ?
I do often need to paste into an e-mail / markdown / textile markup document.
2) What if the page title isn't very relevant ? Often, a relevant text for a link is somewhere in the page. Just select it and you should be able to get your link quickly, right ?
* Need satistied !
After reviewing many add-ons with keywords like "copy selection link page" that did not address the issue, I found EasyCopy.
1) Out of the box it allows one-click copy of a link to current page, with page title as link text.
2) It's very easy to configure it for the other case.
Create a new template, name "Selection as HTML link to page", template "<a href="%page_url%">%selection%</a>" and you're done.
Similarly for any wiki syntax.
Plus many other options ready to be combined to your wishes : timestamp option, using it on an existing link, cleaning up the title, prompt for any text, etc.
This extension is flexible enough to do all this and more in the future and configures really easily.
No nag, just does what you want.
More useful than many other more-or-less consistent add-ons, e.g. (CopyTitle, Screenshot Pimp).
Options make it a superset of SaveSel and nearly cover stf.
Different focus than Copy ShortURL.
Will probably go into my short list of core add-ons.
Required a Firefox restart but we can live with that.
Unreliable, irritating. Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Let's follow https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide for a review on solid ground.
# Did the add-on work as you expected it to?
No. It reported failure, still something eventually appeared in the backup directory. Third try produced more data than previous ones. But read on.
* On backup, reports some missing xpi, suggests to go to FEBE Options &gt; What to backup &gt; Ignore list. "Get List" doesn't get anything.
* On restore, a popup says "Free space :" then shows a date and time. Seriously, can we trust this for a task as critical as backup/restore ?
# What features did you like or dislike?
Overall, this extension obviously doesn't follow the KISS principle : it is complicated and therefore not as clear as it could be.
* can't find anything (sincerely)
* Saved files are stored with changed names, making manual recovery more complicated than with a plain backup
* "Personal" UI choices, e.g. showing help messages in a scrolling popup (scrolling again with a silly sound again each time) in the corner (furthermore, on some other screen than the expected one in a multi-screen setup, never experienced this with any extension before.)
* Silly sounds all the time (e.g. on each click for a help item, before/during/after backup), quickly very irritating (never experienced this with any extension before.) Can be disabled but lost among other options in "how to backup" while it is a global option.
* Generally overwhelmed with confusing options. Oh, I'm a Unix guy, I love relevant detailed control, not confusing options.
# Was it useful?
No. Overall experience invites to prefer manual backup following http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup .
# Was it easy to use?
Not really, see above. At first I could not find how to just backup now...
Anyway, this is secondary to reliability.
# Will you continue to use this add-on?
I uninstall it right now and move on to the simplest backup method : make an archive of the Firefox directory and following http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup .
Several other recent review report catastrophic failure with lost data. A backup tool is a critical component, so I even doubt "that it might have some redeeming value for a few people".
Hence, following official guidelines https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide :
1 star: Bad. Add-on either doesn't work correctly or is utterly useless. You can't think of any significant reason why someone should give it a try and are recommending that it be avoided completely.
Moreover, extension website shows a deceptive add (disguised with fonts and colors similar to the rest of the page) to some magical registry cleaner for Windows. This does not promote trust.
Notice that the number of users of this extension is on a downward trend https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/statistics/usage/?last=365
Para crear tu propia colección, debes tener una cuenta de Mozilla Add-ons.