Puntuado con 2 de 5 estrellas
Xmarks has been around for a long time (ex Foxmarks before LastPass) and it does one thing, sync your bookmarks to the cloud and then across any other compatible browsers. Foxmarks used to be one of the highest rated addons a few years back but unfortunately this is not the case with Xmarks.
Plagued with bugs and slow to get updated every time a new firefox iteration happens, means a frustrating experience at best these days (e.g. currently it is broken for FF56 - again). It's saving grace is that if you have managed to upload your BMs to the xmarks site (sync or upload) then they are safe for when the addon is fixed.
+ Syncs bookmarks across multiple browsers / OS's / devices with compatible addons
+ xmarks website stores your BMs and creates a restore point for each sync
+ Option for multiple profiles to sync to, e.g. home, office etc
+ Option to use your own server to sync your BM's to (through WebDav)
- xmarks restore points provide no info on what has changed (no option for comment etc)
- xmarks website is bare bones and it is cumbersome and outdated navigating your BMs
- Changing a sync profile it automatically does a sync update, without the choice of sync / download / upload BMs or any indication of what exactly is happening
- A number of bugs means you are never certain if your bookmarks are up to date and in sync with the cloud
- No indication of what has changed once you sync'd your bookmarks (e.g number of deleted / downloaded / uploaded / merged)
- No option to comfirm the sync changes in advance (side by side compare) before auto sync
Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Used to be my fave addon. Now it is rubbish. Ever since it became part of lastpass it hasn't worked. Doesn't sync anymore or it loop syncs forever. Often it loses bookmarks, I'm never certain if it has sync'd the latest changes or not. Occasionally have to log in to the web interface to make sure my bookmarks are there. Would not recommend.Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (18.104.22.168-signed).
Avoid Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Used to be the best addon but for months now (since it was acquired by LastPass?) it has not worked right. It takes forever to sync, if it does sync and it downloads many MBs for a mere few KB's of bookmarks!?!?! Any alternatives out there?Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (22.214.171.124-signed).