- por Usuario de Firefox 15597268, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Do not install. Company cannot be trusted! Sells your personal data. Ironically, this company is located in Europe. WOT collects the websites you visit and sells your data to third parties, such as Facebook. This add-on should really be called Web of Deceit! a) https://www.pcmag.com/news/web-of-trust-browser-extension-cannot-be-trusted b) https://thehackernews.com/2016/11/web-of-trust-addon.htmlHello, thank you for your comment.
WOT took the necessary steps to make sure we're aligned with all relevant privacy policies, including GDPR and CCPA. If you have any additional concerns, please contact us directly via https://support.mywot.com/
- por grahamperrin, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Misleading release notes.
Do not blindly, lazily copy-and-paste from one version to the next.
Instead, please publish notes that are meaningful – so that changes to your code can be audited.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200106233948/https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/versions/20200106.0wot/updateinfo/Hi! Thanks for your feedback - we've fixed the description.
That's happened Due to the proximity between the releases, we hadn't changed the description.
We hope this meets your request, and you'll consider changing your review.
- por Traegger, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5This would be a useful extension if it were well written. Unfortunately, it isn't. It's uses slow, annoying dialog windows that disappear when they lose focus. The options presented are not well thought out. Etc. Another problem is that the community is irresponsible about what they are reporting, so you can't rely on the ratings. A lot of web sites reported to be "unsafe" are actually perfectly safe sites expressing a legitimate political viewpoint the reviewer disagrees with. On the other hand, many sites that are truly problematic have high ratings because they entice users with something entertaining.Hi, Thanks for the feedback and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We're now developing a new version and algorithm to help WOT show more accurate data. Stay tuned! and please contact us directly via https://support.mywot.com/ we would like to hear more.
- por Usuario de Firefox 15184336, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Collect your datas and sell it
Source: https://thehackernews.com/2016/11/web-of-trust-addon.htmlHello, thank you for your comment. Mywot took the necessary steps to make sure we're aligned with all relevant privacy policies, including GDPR and others. If you have any additional concerns, please contact us directly via https://support.mywot.com/
- por Usuario de Firefox 15077098, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5It slows my browser.Hi,
We wanted to update you that now the issue has been solved and we improved significantly WOT's speed on Firefox! Please make sure to update to the most recent version.
- por robsku, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5*NEW REVIEW*
5 years ago I gave up with this add-on, because it was slowing my browser to crawl. Now it was even worse, because right after installing the whole machine was stuck so badly that I couldn't even switch from GUI to text console (I'm using Linux - it takes something really wrong for this to happen) and try run "killall -9 firefox-bin". And the HDD kept churning something (I guess it was swapping! I have 16GB RAM, my machine almost never needs to use swap space!).
Finally I killed the power (thanks a lot, I had a lot of stuff open in other applications! Thank god FireFox offered to reload my crashed session).
When FireFox then loaded, I went straight to the add-on manager and disabled WOT. I didn't want to see if it would behave any better after restart - I don't like messing with rebooting, especially by force from power button!
I gave you 1 star last time and now I would love to give you zero, if possible, because that was not acceptable!
Otherwise your add-on is great, and might run smoothly on this machine, if it's code was *written well*. Your add-on after all is not that complicated, it shouldn't have ANY effect on speed. And my current machine also has add-ons that run smoothly despite of being quite heavy on resources.
*MY OLD REVIEW FROM 5 YEARS AGO*
First I really thought I was going to like it. I've used WOT through NoScript to check which sites to allow and sometimes to check the site I'm on via FlagFox...
But under only couple hours I noticed that my whole browser had slowed down, I was getting "script busy" errors, and yes, they were from this plugin.
It's not a brand new machine, only a year old or so, I think it's 1,6Ghz dual-core Atom CPU netbook with Windows 7 (uh, I normally over install linux right away) and with FireFox 30.0
Disabling the plugin fixed the problem with one swift browser reboot.Hey Robsku! (update September 19,2019)
We wanted to let you know that now the issue has been solved and we improved significantly WOT's speed on Firefox! Please make sure to update to the most recent version.
- por Symbian, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5На Android при проверке рейтинга - We couldn't load the scorecard. Проблема существует давно и до сих пор не исправлена, за это ловите одну звезду.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14714738, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Can't trust WOT anymore. They let just anyone bash and try to ruin a website that is totally legit. If I want some hillbilly's guess and opinion, I could just stay on social media. Totally un-verified review. Any fool is able to leave an opinion.We're sorry to hear that! WOT is a community-driven product created to improve safety while surfing the web. WOT also uses a fraud-detection algorithm which helps us verify any review. If you feel differently we'd love to hear from you via https://support.mywot.com/
- por Usuario de Firefox 14340884, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Постоянно сбрасывает настройки. Не могу отключить отображение иконок рядом с ссылками. После изменения настроек через несколько дней сбрасывает мои настройки и опять начинает отображать иконки рядом с ссылками. Такое поведение и в хроме и мозиле. Делается это специально, для сбора информации.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13168488, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5WOT Services was caught and widely reported for taking whatever information people provided about themselves plus the sort of information about the ISP associated IP address people queried WOT from, regarding the trustworthiness of other Web sites. (Can you say "pernicious hypocrites"?)
I would suggest that anyone reading reviews of WOT here or elsewhere do a little research about the organization and what they were up to as of 2018, and quite possibly years before and now after they got caught.
You cannot say you have not been warned, repeatedly. I am merely conveying the same sort of bad news that several others have been posting for many months, and just got tired of seeing all the short, "WOT is wonderful!" reviews that do not even mention much less address the issue of how WOT was doing exactly the sort of thing they purported to be protecting (many not very Internet-savvy) people who went to them for advice on unsafe or unsavory sites lurking behind URLs they knew little about.
Hint: when any good or service that has been around awhile suddenly starts getting a lot of strong criticism for valid reasons, while any negative comments are constantly diluted by a steady stream of vapid reviews claiming the product is better than sliced bread, cuter than a week-old puppy, and might even bring peace to the world, end poverty, and cure cancer in the near future (OK, I am exaggerating -- a little), why would you trust them any more than you would some strange clown who was wandering around your neighborhood handing out candy to little kids?