- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Magnum, el hace 5 añosWhen it does it work, it works reasonably well.Could you please contact with more details about your problems to our support at https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13985434, el hace 5 añosyesThank you for your report!
In case of any problems please contact to our support here: https://support.ant.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13977907, el hace 5 añoswill download ok but how can i then transfer it onto a flash stick or move it to another folder ???By default all downloaded files will be saved to "Ant Videos" folder in your system "Downloads" directory.
You can change this path at AVD tab under the Downloads section same as path to temporary files.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13844620, el hace 5 añosGREAT EXTENSION!!! Until Quantum Garbage killed everything. Goodbye Firefox.We continue to work on migration AVD to a new Firefox.
You still can install old AVD version in Firefox 56 and below from Mozilla website here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-player/versions/
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13608920, el hace 5 añosI have to agree with most people, before Firefox v.57, this add-on was absolutely amazing. I rarely had any problem with it, and I could always find a work-around if the video I was looking for wasn't able to be downloaded on this add-on. I just had to use another mirror and that's it.
Since Firefox v.57, well, it got knocked-out pretty hard.
It's still managable, but the UI is not as appealing then before. It's hard to figure out which link is what, I happened to download 3 ads instead of the video I wanted... the easiest solution is just download every link and remove the wrong video afterwards, which is kind of not efficient, but it still works. Nevertheless, it's annoying and disappointing. I know you are currently working on making it availiable on other popular browser and you're trying to make some hotfix but Firefox is being a meanie with you and all.
I won't be as harsh as other people because this add-on still work! It's a bit more of a task management... but it works.
If you manage to rebuild the AVD into what it was before, it would deserve it's 5 stars and beyond, until then, I can only afford 3.
You probably already thought this through but maybe starting from scratch? Sometimes it helps.
Best luck for you, hopefully it will rain down 5 stars on this add-on in a near future.
Hellder7Thank you for your report!
Unfortunately old AVD version is not supported by Firefox 57 and beyond anymore, thats why new AVD 3.0 was completely made from scratch and still need a lot of fixes.
At the moment our main task is to return a support of as many types of streaming video as possible.
Design is the easiest issue here and we will rebuilt it after few successful AVD 3.0 releases
Our developer will be grateful for direct links with any detection problem to our support here: https://support.ant.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Maecon, el hace 6 añosis it possible for you guys to return the old ant video downloader version? I really had a problem using the new. :( I hope there's a better update soon.You still can install old AVD version in Firefox 56 and below from Mozilla website here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-player/versions/
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13337644, el hace 6 añosWe all knew that Firefox 57 would stop using the old addons that we liked so much. Users can either revert to an earlier version of Firefox and use the old ant downloader OR move forward to the one Ant has introduced for Firefox 57. I have both versions of Firefox and can see why people prefer the old ant downloader, but hey at least there is a version for Firefox 57 that works on most sights. You are not being charged for using the program. If you can find a better downloader on the internet for Firefox 57 then use it and stop complaining. The new Ant downloader works in my opinion better than any other downloader extension on the internet for Firefox. Give some encouragement to the developers of the Ant downloader rather than throwing your toys out of the pram !Thank you for your report and rating!
We are continuing to work to return the habitual AVD look and functionality as much as it possible in new Firefox.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13513185, el hace 6 añosIts only for windows? Waiting for Ubuntu!!Please note that this is only first based on beta version and support for another systems will be added in further versions.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13512095, el hace 6 añosWhy can't we get it plain and simple like before? Now it requires you to install a Windows program and grant far too many privacy rights for my taste. I guess we will have to uninstall it and find another one.
I would recommend to stay away from this extension until (if) is fixed again.
After having read detailed explanation (https://support.ant.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005568983-About-the-new-Ant-Video-Downloader-3-0) I regret my previous harsh comment and thus I have increased my rating.
I will keep checking for new versions of Ant, and I have trust that the ease of use of the older version will be restored soon. Please ignore my previous comment.Please note that old AVD is no longer supported, because Mozilla Firefox dropped support of legacy add-ons.
This is the first based on beta version and the previous view will be maximally restored in the next releases. Native application installer contains only converter with libraries needed for support streaming videos.