We Take Your Privacy Seriously
At Toucan, we care about privacy just like you do. It is at the core of our decision-making process and how we deliver the Toucan experience to you. We want to put our policy in simple terms to make it clear and understandable for everyone who uses Toucan.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
We do not link any of your web browsing behavior to your personally identifiable information.
What we do not collect:
- Your personal browsing history
- Any personal information like financial data, demographic data, or personally identifiable information (PII)
What we do collect:
- The translated words you encounter so that we know what words you are exposed to and can serve up appropriate vocabulary quizzes.
- Any vocabulary quizzes you see and the results of those quizzes so that we can keep track of how well you know each vocabulary concept.
- Anonymized (not linked to anyone's particular account) web page domains, whether translations show up on them, and whether any bugs or errors occur on those pages so that we can better detect any broad issues affecting our user base.
That’s it, plain and simple. But if you want the legalese version, dive into it below. If you have any questions on privacy, we are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Toucan. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this add-on. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the add-on, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this add-on. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our add-on:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the add-on, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use this add-on, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our add-on in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We use "cookies" on this add-on. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a add-on visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our add-on and identify repeat visitors to our add-on. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our add-on. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our add-on. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our add-on.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This add-on contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our add-on and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests:
From time-to-time our add-on requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this add-on.