- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Rando, el hace un díaGreat addon. Coming from Safari I missed the tab groups and after trying out a few addons, this one seems to be the best. It's the only one which syncs between devices, even to iOS devices as they are saved as bookmarks. Nice work!
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17589070, el hace 5 díasSorry Josh, I really wanted to make this work, but just 'don't get it'. If you could offer a better User Guide I might be able to understand, but as it is 9.30.22 I can't get the hang of it.
I have a load of tabs open, and want to sort them into different groups of interest, but couldn't find any instructions that helped me get the overview.
I'm sure it's really good, but not without a decent User Guide, TY.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Lostin, el hace 5 díasI love Tab Stash!!! The grouping is insanely useful when I'm working on a research-based project for uni. The vertical sidebar makes the names of tabs readable, eliminating the need to jump between tabs trying to find a specific one when you have too many. I love that I can rename groups and tabs, and collapse groups and the sidebar. You don't even need to stash your tabs to use tab stash as your tab manager! This is way better than the built-in tab and bookmark managers. I've moved all of my bookmarks over to stashed tabs-- it allows me to see them way easier, keep them grouped, and access them quickly and easily. Reorganizing your stashed tabs takes only a quick second to click and drag, and closing or opening a large number of tabs is simple, easy, fast! I love Tab Stash. I do everything in Firefox instead of Chrome just because of Tab Stash. I tell all my friends to use Tab Stash. I keep it open in my sidebar incessantly when I need to manage a number of tabs. Tab Stash FTW!!!!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Michael Bamford, el hace 10 díasWorks flawlessly to manage open tabs, and ingeniously uses existing Bookmarks functionality to stash open tabs. It is the Open Tabs manager that for years I've been searching for.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por Jeffrey Baker, el hace 15 díasI really like the app, however it is using up way to much memory, and this is on a high spec MBP that's less than a year old. As soon as I disable the extension, everything goes back to normal.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 17534198, el hace un mesI really like the idea of storing the groups as bookmarks folders. Making it more of a better UI for bookmarks (which is sorely needed). I also make it simple to ditch the extension if it doesn't work out. Also provides seemless sync between computers.
Highlighting the pages which is opened as tabs is neat.
I hung my browser multiple minutes forcing me to restart firefox. It had then created duplicates groups. Not sure what happened, but it seems to behave now. The UI for moving tabs between groups has some weirdness when trying to move pages which are open?
Would be great if it was possible to select multiple pages (with shift-click to select range) to simplify organizing the stashes (but I guess doing such operations from the native bookmark manager is ok.)
EDIT: seems to be a bit slow to load sometimes. Maybe I have to many bookmarks?
Highly recommend swithing to this if you already use eg. OneTab
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace un mesThanks for your review! Sorry to hear you had some trouble with hanging—from what you describe, this sounds like a known issue which will be fixed in the next release, and even on the current release, it should stop happening as soon as you create your first group.
You actually can multi-select pages, just click the page's icon. You can Shift+Click etc. as well!
Will also keep your point about the load time in mind—indeed, having too many bookmarks is the usual culprit for slow loads, though I'm looking into ways to optimize it. Hope this helps!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Em, el hace 2 mesesSo far excellent. Simple and seems reliable (only used for a day). I would suggest the following if it didn't impact stability:
-Allow easier selection of only one group to export (export option next to each group instead of higher level menu?). It took me a while to find the export button.
-Keep the chosen export format between exports or firefox sessions (or alternatively, let the user select the preferred export format in the settings)
-On first use after install, Default setting when pressing the stash button should be to open the side bar menu. When learning a new add on, its always a bit worrisome when it starts to stash or store hundreds of tabs when you first press the menu bar button. Users can change the option once familiar and comfortable with the add-on.
-Add-on should have option to add to stash without closing or hiding the tabs. I could find no such option.
I did have the add-on crash while storing tabs for the first time, but the feed back on the crash was very well done, front and centre on the side bar so I realized what had happened, and the ability of the app to recover from the crash without losing data was impressive for an add-on.
The add-on appears to run very efficiently, isn't trying to do too much, transparent without doing something in the background without showing it's progress like so many other tab add-ons which take over the computer without showing the progress or if they're stalled or crashed.
Love the colours on the buttons giving an idea of how critical a task is (white, yellow, red). Love the undo ability in case I made a mistake.
Excellent design. Good job so far. Love the simplicity. Still a learning curve, but easier than most tab add-ons.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 mesesThank you very much for the thoughtful review! I'm glad to hear you've had a good first impression, though I'm sorry to hear you hit a crash (even if the feedback was clear). If it happens again, please do report it on GitHub so that I can track it down—I try very hard to make sure users never have to see that notification. :)
Thanks also for the suggestions—I'll be sure to keep them in mind! I agree the default setting of "stash and show the UI" can be a bit unsettling for new users and I do plan to change it in the future. To your point about adding to the stash without closing tabs—you can do this by holding the Alt (or Option) key when clicking the "Stash" button.
Thanks again, and I hope you continue to find Tab Stash useful!