- Se valoró con 5 de 5Used it for 1+ years. Most of the time it is good enough to replace Google (without building up a a search history). Probably a bit slower to respond when searching. If I get stuck I occasionally check on Google to make sure I'm not missing something.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Working!!!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5What a relief from all the search engine junk out there! Great job!!
- Se valoró con 1 de 5hello
- Se valoró con 5 de 5veilig surfen over het internet
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Mi error fue instalarla y no revisar que no es la oficial que ofrece StartPage, sucede que Noscript me enviaba una alerta de un posible intento de cross site scripting (xss) cada vez que realizaba una búsquea, elimine esta proquería y adiós problema
- Se valoró con 5 de 5I love it.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5How do I enable the search suggestions in firefox Search bar
- Se valoró con 5 de 5StartPage the best solution
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Startpage gives the option to search private and you can try and browse the net using their proxy for more privacy.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5Thanks for this addon. SP is the best
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Indeed, I've been using startpage,com since scroogle,com (similar, but was uglier and lacked features when SP has features google lacks).
And if we ignore the anonymity/super-advanced user individualization techniques Google, FB, etc. use, what I really love (though as feature it's side-effect of anonymity) is that I'm guaranteed to get same results with every browser everywhere - as long as they don't rightfully change with some fitting better or worse to the terms,,, and with most my friends using this and duckduckgo, I can say which to use (I use duckduckgo also, it has it's benefits) and what search terms to use - and THEY WILL get the right results =) It's like back in the -95, man! :D
- Se valoró con 5 de 5I've been looking for some time now for an alt to using Google's search engine as it limits my search results to what It thinks I want to see. I have a much broader range of interest than Google can present and I like to discover new things, preferrably on my own without bot assist. Google's attempts to be my "friend" has driven it into the "Uncanny Valley" territory and I find that StartPage allows me to benefit from the best of Google without that despised "personalization" that Google forces on a person.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5Google is still the best search engine. There is duckduckgo but it lacks the ability to sort results by date range which is essential to me. Startpage lets me use Google without sacrificing my privacy however I'm knocking off a star because they use GoDaddy (evil Sopa supporters) for their SSL.
P.S. What proside saying about Google leaving a cookie when you use Startpage is totally wrong. They cannot track you through Startpage or set a cookie from a Startpage search. Startpage gets the results from Google then sends them to you. Google doesn't see your IP or anything about you. Even your ISP cannot see what is being searched for as the data to and from Startpage is encrypted.
For extra protection against tracking you should always disallow third party cookies in Firefox and install the DoNotTrack addon from Abine.