- por Usuario de Firefox 13543432, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5The previous version was nearly perfect. The new... I don't like it, especially because of the new UI, but it is a must on the net.
A feature request: is it possible, to sort sites by default, temp.trusted, trusted, untrested in the menu?
- por Usuario de Firefox 12968835, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I previously said
"Sadly, I have to agree with some of the other reviews.....
The new version is quite simply, POO.
This is perfectly illustrated by the fact that I had to re-allow scripts that had been set as trusted just to post this sad reflection on what was, for the most part a highly useful and mature extension with a user interface that was relatively straight forward to interpret and use.
The new interface is Terrible to put it mildly. Its over 'simplification' and design has produced a bewildering experience that makes ones head ache in a state of near vertigo when first used. Just to add insult to injury, as previously stated, you will probably have repeat the process when the settings are forgotten.
No script has always been annoying when visiting a site for the first time. Identifying the minimum scripts allowed for site functionality whilst blocking the rest, was a tedious process but it was offset by the fact it only had to be done once. The result was a huge dividend of security, privacy, speed of page load, reduced memory usage and increased stability to the browser as a whole from avoiding execution of unnecessary and in many cases poorly written, bloated code.
In short the new NoScript is a horrible disappointment, in stark contrast to the wonderful browsing experience of Firefox 57"
At that time I felt the review was completely justified.
But, there is hope!
The UI is improving and in some ways, superior to the old which I think we all have to agree was a bit clumsy.
I understand now the 'forgetting' of settings directly attributable to the API changes in Quantum and Mozillas role in it and the unfair but understandable scorn from users like myself who have become accustomed to features being removed and UI changes from likes of Microsoft and others in the name of 'progress' and our willingness to unload both barrels as a result.
I persisted with noscript, temporally allowing just about everything, relying on Sandboxie protection.
It improves with every update to my everlasting gratitude and I cannot wait for the day I rate it 5 stars!
THANK YOU to the developer(s) for all of your hard work and persistence in the face of mounting criticism from people like myself.
No Script is in my opinion a vital extension for security, privacy, stability, user control and the enrichment of the browsing experience...
- por Usuario de Firefox 13664005, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Tout pour nous faire regretter l'ancienne version.
Les raccourcis "autoriser temporairement", "désactiver les permissions temporaires" étaient vraiment pratiques, un seul clic. désormais il faut aller fouiller dans les listes infinies pour autoriser ou non, pfffffffff !
Cette nouvelle version pour Firefox 57 est absconse ; il faut avoir une bonne maitrise de l'anglais et de l'informatique. A quand une VF ?
J'ai cherché un peu.
La version 10.1.1 Publié nov. 20, 2017 570.7 KiB Fonctionne avec Firefox 57.0 et supérieures et est en français.
Il faut bien entendu désactiver les MAj auto.
- por Usuario de Firefox 12490184, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5While I would never be so ungrateful as to leave a harsh comment I, too, feel that the new "wide" interface takes much more time to do common things like temporarily allowing a certain site... There also seem to be a lot MORE sites to checkl, with many variations on the main domain name - but that could actually be an improvement that I don't understand. Regardless, thank you for dealing with the "quantum-shift" at Firefox. 80)
- por Usuario de Firefox 13645050, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Thank You for all your hard work ..while it has gotten better it has made me realize that I just do NOT like anything about the new FireFox......sadly they have gone over to the dark side,and the old clean look and functionality are now gone..again thank you for your many devoted years of time and effort....goodbye ,mille grazie ,a pesto,Andy
- por Usuario de Firefox 13168984, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I used NoScript for a long time with the older versions of Firefox and it was simple and worked great. The new version's UI is clunky and unintuitive and I keep getting cross site something or other popups. Completely annoying.Please give 10.1.6.2 a go: it has separate buttons for temporary and permanent TRUSTED, and move preset customization away from the popup, which many users and myself believe can reduce the confusion.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13644371, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5I'm sorry. I've always loved this add-on. Unfortunately due to the latest change (I understand it's related to Firefox changes) I no longer find it useful. Even after reading the blogs, I still can't quite understand how to save my customized settings correctly and using the whitelist. I'm sure some people will understand this better than I do but I just love the old way too much. It's a no go for me :/Please give 10.1.6.2 a go: it has separate buttons for temporary and permanent TRUSTED, and move preset customization away from the popup, which many users and myself believe can reduce the confusion.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13616862, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5(Review based on 2017-11 version.) I have used noscript for years and totally trust it on the internet, but the UI and instructions really are a minefield. The latest problem was that I had to come HERE to figure out what the symbols meant, and that you had declared all "allow" commands to be temporary by default, making me click twice on pretty much every site I visit. (Except until I researched this I didn't know this so like a lot of commenters here I was being forced to allow sites at every visit.)
Don't get me wrong, this is a powerful and just-about-usable utility and I intend to stick with it, but the UI is really not intuitive at all and the documentation lets you down by failing to fill those gaps too. Sometimes you just have to accept that a UI change was a mistake and people just don't GET it, and I think this is one of those occasions.
Thanks for all the security features, however, I really appreciate that.
- por Denis Decebal Udrea, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5efficace mais capricieux : le réglage trusted n'est parfois pas mémoisé, et que signifient ces cadenas rouge/vert ? L'export ne fonctionne pas.
Useful but sometimes uneasy : the trusted setting sometimes sometimes can't be saved.
What the meaning of the red/green clokers ?
Export doesn't work
- por Usuario de Firefox 13574269, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5The new interface and options screen is not very good. It used to be slick looking now its just confusing and ugly. Reminds me of very old websites where the fonts are huge and colorful. Long time users can probably find their way around still but new users will think its a piece of junk.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13573279, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5Hopefully, NoScript will soon be a usable piece of software again. The options are manageable but difficult to use without manual or tutorial. It is possible to form a group via the input field. But then you have to edit each line individually. It would be good to have a checkbox in front of each line. The selected operation should then apply to the selected rows. I find it unfortunate to have to give lines the "default status", then close the window and open it again to remove entries. Where is the problem with the "Delete-Button"? To the user interface could be improved much more. Html is powerful if you know to use it. I hope, you will find the time to improve this. I believe, it will take less then 3% of the time to code the base, but these 3% could lead to 99% user-satisfaction. Thank you.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13572041, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5While I am personally also not quite happy about the recent version change, I am glad that this add on receives active development. It is a GOOD addon, despite the fact, that not everything has improved with the recent update.
There are bound to be setbacks when redeveloping large parts of an application.
Personally, I like the interface, but there are some things I miss from the old interface - like the option to allow scripts globally (temporarily), which I find necessary at times. To do that, I have to go into the configuration screen- which has a bug and freezes for about a minute - on all my machines.
I'd like to thank the developer for the effort he put into this. Please keep up the good work, I am sure this addon will receive top reviews again soon!
- por Usuario de Firefox 13569810, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5It took me 2 hours of playing with this new version of noscript, but I've finally figured out how to use this non-intuitive version. I was like most here thinking it was totally ruined, but in fact I just had no clue how to use it. One nice thing, clicking "Trusted" only temporarily trusts a site (unless you click it twice). Be careful when playing with "Default" -for any site- as it changes settings globally (not intuitive at all)!!!