- Se valoró con 5 de 5NewsGuard is great!
- Se valoró con 3 de 5Very simple extension that gives every news coming from a left oriented website a verified status.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5This is leftist propaganda. Completely bias. They rate SPLC as trustworthy LOL. Websites in favor of free speech or critical of Islam are not trustworthy (right...)
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Very left wing rating site. They have listed Buzzfeed as a reliable news source, I think that says it all. I tried to add on about six months later hoping for some impartiality, but no still left wing. The DNC must be proud.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Amazing tool that assists in separating those who spread false propaganda and verifiable facts.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Great addon, even better for upsetting trumplings
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Absolute garbage! After the blatant lies of Buzzfeednews that website still gets 9/9 green stars! While a more balanced outlet like Fox gets 6/9? Let's take CNN, the penultimate standard for fake news - 9/9 green stars even if they were caught multiple times fabricating and misreporting facts! Let's take a very independent news outlet DemocracyNow.org Gets 7/9 where one red flag is regularly corrects errors - WOW, CNN makes more errors in a day than any other news source. Townhall gets a red for deceptive headlights - HAHAHA and CNN's headlines are not deceptive or even overly biased? OMG, It's so true - you can only rely on your own research and not on ANY outlet ever - that's why the internet was made - LOOK for first hand videos and accounts and only then do believe what the news outlets tell you!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5This plugin is an excellent resource for determining the general reliability of a news source..
It should be noted though that the plugin does not claim, nor could it reasonably claim to verifiy any news source as 100% reliable.
One further observation, almost every negative review comes from someone who tried to use this to verify their pre-existing assumptions about a news source, and dismisses the validity of the plugin because it does not confirm their existing presumptions - curiously enough the very target audience most biased sources prefer, imagine that.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Politically motivated and biased newspeak tool. INGSOC would be so proud.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Poor attempt to censor and control information. Do your own research, trust your instinct and don't be told what is unreliable or not by "Newsguard" which tells you to trust sites that flat out lie to you.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Lol, what a joke: CNN, arguably less than stellar in it's reporting get a 100% green rating on all 9 points (avoids deceptive headlines? really??), while FoxNews, also arguably less than stellar, gets 3 red marks for corrections, ownership disclosure and conflicts of interest. What a joke, both "news" and "guard" should be in "air quotes" for this plugin!!!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5There is no perfect solution to fake news other than taking personal resposibility for the time and effort requird to verify information. This plugin is simply a tool which can give an indication to how trustworthy a source is likely to be. There are a lot of lazy 1-star reviews from people angry that their most loved or most hated news outlet isn't rated how they want it to be. That is missing the point. I personally disagree with just about everything that is published by the British Tabloid "The Daily Mail" - but it gets a green rating overall and gets 6 out of 9 greens. half of these green ratings are for transparency - for all it's nasty content the mail doesn't hide what it is - it is the rightwing mouthpiece of Viscount Rothermere, a member of the British aristocracy. Whilst the reporting in the daily mail is heavily biased, this is not what newsguard claims to rate.
Furthermore - rather than criticise newsguard for changing the rating for the daily mail from red to green (as they recently did), I admire their openness to change. The mail previously rated less well for openness, probably because when contacted by newsguard originally they weren't forthcoming with the information requested, and deservedly got rated badly for openness. Once the mail made this information available newsguard rightly changed their rating.
I think the most helpful review below is unsurprisingly the most considered one, by concentricbrainwaves. I also agree that having an amber rating would be helpful, and in the case of the daily mail, would probably be appropriate. This is really my only negative - the overall rating is not as useful as it should be and to get genuinely useful ratings you will need to view the details 9-point breakdown. To make the overall rating more useful it should only be possible to get green overall with a higher score than 6/9 - probably 8/9
- Se valoró con 1 de 5Diese App ist nicht nur überflüssig, sondern gefährlich.
Überflüssig, weil man dann gelcih auf selbst denken und Internet verzichten kann und den Fernseher mit ZDF oder WDR einschalten kann.
Gefährlich ist es, weil damit die ohnehin schon schlimmen Versuche, eine ideologische Einheitsmeinung durchzusetzen, verstärkt werden (was wohl auch das Ziel ist). Demokratie, Meinungsfreiheit, Kritik an Eliten etc. soll weitgehend unterbunden, Alternativen aus dem Gesichtskreis verbannt werden.
Ein Beweis ist, dass Mainstreammedien natürlich als korrekt bewertet werden, selbst wenn krasse und offensichtliche Fake News verbreitet werden.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5This plugin looks great! On the other hand, I'm probably not in the target audience, because I've so far been surprised by exactly none of its rankings. I really appreciate the fact that NewsGuard is taking this on, and I'm hoping that more people start using it.
EDIT: I've read a whole bunch of the one-star reviews, and most of them seem to be angry, but most of them are angry about green labels for sites that display bias. I think it's important to note that bias is almost entirely irrelevant to the goal of NewsGuard. NewsGuard doesn't tell you whether sites are biased, just whether they're telling you the truth. This is why Fox news and CNN both get green labels: you may not agree with which stories they choose to carry, but they both generally adhere to accepted standards of journalism: tell the truth, and admit it when you get something wrong.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5I checked many sites with this and it is very bias and untruthful. Perfect example they give Buzzfeed perfect green checks across the boar, Buzzfeed is a joke but they rate it perfect. Also CNN has perfect green across the board. CNN has had some miss steps lately should not be perfect green. Fox news got a few red x's and ok but CNN should be about equal to that as they are as far left as fox news is right.