- por Usuario de Firefox 15122656, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5The concept of this extension is a good one, except this extension does not play well with other extension and cause FF to freeze and even lock up your PC
- por USER-EXPERIENCEONLY, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5I would not count on this to do what it claims. Facebook is VERY aggressive in deleting accounts of people who try to modify user experience on FB. You risk losing your account with this add-on.
- por Anonymous User, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5Months later, this remains an incredible tool that is hamstrung by severe bugs.
For example: you can't sync containers between Windows and Linux. You can sync containers created in Firefox running on Linux with other Linux installations, and you can sync containers created in Firefox running on Windows with other Windows installations. But sync across OSes, and you'll wind up with two independent sets of containers synced to the same account.
Another example: the extension frequently spams dozens if not hundreds of additional containers. If my list looks like "Facebook / Google / Shopping", then one day I'll have "Facebook / Facebook / Google / Facebook / Google / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Shopping / Facebook / Google / Google / Google / etc". Because there's no way to clear out your sync data, the only way to fix this is to completely delete and re-create your Firefox sync account or trigger a password reset.
Another example: When you win a badge ("hooray! You just opened 100 tabs!"), it stops using containers. Eventually you'll click on the extension to find out why the heck it stopped working. That's when you find out that alerting you to whatever stupid "award" you've won is more important than actually doing the one job it has.
This has the potential to be a game changer, but it's just a half-baked pile of garbage.
- por Hogsfather, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5Not user-friendly despite not looking very nice. I tried selecting "alway open this site in..." "private" for addons.mozilla.org. I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I go to addons.mozilla.org it doesn't switch container. If I can't rely on this than it is useless ;(. But I love the idea (right now I am using multiple browsers)!
- por Usuario de Firefox 13080084, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5It was excellent until the latest update. This is so stupid and create extra clicks and avoid shortcut and avoid automation potential. This is a stupid update.
- por Argot, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Why did the new version interpose an added click to do what was done before? It's possible to keep the existing path to open a new tab in a container while adding an option to do more without any more clicks than in previous versions.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13592200, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I use this daily, but with this new update, opening links in a specified container is such a PITA. Before, I would ctrl + . then tab one or two (or n) to the specified container to open a new tab in. Now, that opens some other menu where I have to keep navigating.
Reading through release notes, there states "new keyboard shortcuts" which I assume are to solve the issue above, but I can't find _any_ documentation about it! What are the shortcuts? Even the "about this extension" only shows the old ctrl + . shortcut. Breaking users' flow is a software sin, especially if you don't provide information on how to restore/replace it.
- por David G, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5On the one hand, I very much like the idea, and often this add-on works great. On the other hand, I have a need to open tabs for https://domain.org AND https://subdomain.domain.org and there is no way to get both of these opened into the same container. The emails they send me link to subdomain.domain.org - and I'm not logged in there, because they are in a separate container.
- por BlueRocketMouse, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5This addon is incredibly useful when it works right, but I've recently started running into lots of bugs that make it frustrating to use (such as tabs being randomly removed from containers, or old tabs constantly popping back up even after I've closed them).
- por Jamish, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Serious usability issues. It does not reliably open the website in the proper container, even when you check "Always open in Personal" option. The reason is because there is no way to manually specify which URLs go with which container. Instead, you have to check the box after the page fully loads to tell it to always open in the current container. You cannot always tell the current page to open in a *different* container. You cannot manually write a whitelist of which URLs go to which container.
The reason this is problematic, is because oftentimes, you will get redirected from one page to another after logging in. You'll open your Social Media tab, go to the site, log in, then check "Always open in Social Media". But then the next time you navigate to the site via URL or bookmark, it will open in the standard container because the rule was made for the signed-in redirected URL, not the original URL. You can't open the original URL in the Social Media container because you get redirected immediately to the redirected URL. And you can't open the original URL in the standard container and request to "Always open in Social Media". So, you have to open your Social Media container, log out, make sure the log-in page is set to "Always open in Social Media", then log back in. What a pain!
- por Usuario de Firefox 15155973, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Does the job but as the description says, unlike FB container, doesn't prevent you from opening links in the wrong container and this kind of defeats its purpose. Additionally, after I carefully created a number of containers, it mysteriously forgot all of them and reset itself to its initial state. Not cool.
- por Usuario de Firefox 15532255, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5Ok in the desktop browser but pointless when the iOS does not support extensions, so will go back to using separate browsers to separate out my work and personal profiles.
- por MikT, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5This extension worked fine for me before. But since one year my different conainters don't remember my 2 gmail accounts, so i'm forced to relog each time. Reinstall of firefox doens't solve the matter.
If someone has any other advice or other extention to recommend, i'm all ears.
- por crisco.lord, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5This add-on is basically the only reason I use Firefox, and it has so many issues that I frequently contemplate leaving it.
Syncing across multiple devices (Windows, Mac, Linux) just doesn't work. It doesn't. On Windows I have 4 duplicate "Home" containers that reappear every time I sync. On Linux I get over 10,000 "Personal" containers. On Mac, who knows. I delete the extra containers (or try, on Linux), and next time I sync a device, they're back! It's maddening!
Now on Linux I've uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times, and it won't add my custom groups. Where did they go? Why is this so hard?
- por katinka, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 2 de 5I wanted to have gmail (my work account) in one container, and gmail( my private account) in another. The whole thing breaks which makes the extension pretty much worthless.