Note from Mozilla:
This add-on has been discontinued. Try MinimizeToTray Revived
MinimizeToTray Plus is an extension that makes it possible to minimize Firefox, Thunderbird and other Mozilla based applications to the system tray.
There is a range of uses for this. Such as making the application appear to load faster. Allowing Thunderbird to check email in the background, or Sunbird to display alerts....
MinimizeToTray Plus's features include
- Ability to minimize and application using a menu item, toolbar button, or keyboard short cut.
- A tray menu for interacting with the application while minimize (eg.for Thunerbird open compose message).
- A command line flag -turbo for starting the application so that only the tray icon is visible.
- An options window for customizing how the extension behaves, options include.
- Always minimize to the tray instead of to the taskbar
- Require a double click to restore from the tray
- Minimize to the tray on close
- Always show tray icon
- Restore window instead of opening new
- Only ever show one tray icon
- Load application at system startup
For more information please see either the extensions home page http://codefisher.org/minimizetotray/
or the Documentation http://codefisher.org/minimizetotray/docs/
For help and support please use the forum http://codefisher.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=3
Do not post bugs or problems here, I don't get notified of them so I might not see them in a timely fashion.
Please note, installing this extension may disable similar extensions, such as the original MinimizeToTray, that could cause conflicts.