Si crees que este complemento viola las políticas de complementos de Mozilla o tiene problemas de seguridad o privacidad, por favor informa a Mozilla utilizando este formulario.
Por favor, no utilices este formulario para informar de fallos en el complemento o solicitar nuevas funcionalidades; este informe se enviará a Mozilla y no al desarrollador del complemento.
Let say that this add-on is work in progress. A couple of remarks:
- In order for the add-on to show a result, it requires the mouse to stand still on a word for a good 5 seconds (might be the reason why so many reviewers believe it does not work).
- The output is shown in an ugly little window placed randomly on the page, usually a few centimeters above/right from the the mouse pointer, but not always.
- The content of the window is not aesthetically pleasant either. The text output is of the form <"translated word"> ====> Click on this link to search the web for "translated word".
- If you click on this link, you land on the author's web page, with the result of a search engine for that translated word. I could not figure out which search engine is used, nor could I find any usefulness to the results provided.
- Most important, the translation is not contextual, and therefore its correctness can be ambiguous - if not incorrect - in many instances. Kindle translation, for instance, is not contextual either, but it gives you all the meanings of a word, allowing you to decide, based on context, which applies best.
In conclusion, you can use this add-on to get basic translation of a word out of context. This can be useful in some cases; but if you need more than just a guess, this might prove insufficient.
Didn't work. A just.
Only shows http://www.muhammadsafwat.com/hovertranslate/searchResult.php
And nothing withing the context menu.
Sorry to say, it did not work at all. The pop-up came up and sent me to some strange search page.
Since version 220.127.116.11 with sudden spammy popups to Google. Perhaps it's only a bug.
برنامج فاشل من حيث النافذة المنبثقة غير خيار البحث الاجباري
مربع الحوار عريض جا ونوعية الخط ردئية
راجع تطبيق كروم Transover حاجة تفتح النفس
بعدها برنامجك ممكن يدعم
virus, spy code, stup*d coder...,baaaaad
only some error shows up. not even the useless thing others are bitching about!
I have just installed this add-on then after Firefox start tried to use it. Selecting words it opens after seconds a SMALL info window but translates ONLY ONE word then tells me to click the link within that small window!
Extremely annoying and bad translator. ONE star for it.
in ff33 doesn't work
Very helpful add-on, thanks!
zu erst dachte ich es funktioniert nicht doch dann... man muss etwas warten etwa 5 sec. dann erst kommt ne sanduhr und es übersetzt das wort wo der mauszeiger ist... ganz ok aber es geht sicher noch schneller oder ??? dann 5 stars aber so sind 3 ganz ok find ich !!!
I would love to use this add-on if it wasn't for the performance issues. It takes several seconds for it to translate a word - or even indicate that it's working on it. Unfortunately, that defeats the point for me, as it takes about as long as it would take to switch to a digital dictionary and get the answer there.
Would prefer if it went for a more minimalist approach and only gave you the translations without the clutter of a link or additional text. At least make this optional. A pretty box with the translation is all that we need. Or at least, it is all that I need.
To the developer: I hope that you continue to work on this app and sort out the performance issues. The add-on has potential.
restarted. trieed various options. does nothing but display a line about searching for what i'm hovering over. don't want to search, want translation. as a programmer, i'm guessing your update TODAY messed it up. TEST, TEST, TEST!
gives me to best Turkish - English translation ... however, needs improvements:-
- very slow in displaying translations
- when one translation is being displayed and we hover on some other word, it does not display the new translation, till we click on a blank space and again hover over the new word
Why I don't want to use it:
1. It takes too long to display translation
2. I want common tooltip (not that line with link to search which can't find anything) and near the cursor
3. Next translation cannot be displayed until mouse click performed (to hide previous)
this app is wonderful i need it
yesterday i add this app to firefox but today it`s not work
i dident install any software between yesterday and today
my os is mac
thanks for your addon
This add-on has the potential to be the best of its kind.
Unfortunately it's awfully slow as it takes up to 4 seconds to display the translation.
This issue hasn't been improved or solved in the newest version (1.0.4).
Please check the latest version the performance was improved significantly thanks for your review.
الفكرة رائعة أخى محمد وتحتاج إلى تطوير
جزاك الله خيرا وبارك الله فيك
ماذا لو جععلت هناك خيار اظهار الترجمة بالضغط نقره واحدة على الكلمة دون تظليلها
ولك منى احلى تقييم
الفكرة من البرنامج هى ان يتم اظهار الترجمة بمجرد الوقوف على الكلمة و ليس الضعغط او فعل اى شىء اخر و ذلك للسهولة
شكرا لك لتقييمك
This is a great idea, however it only worked for 5 minutes, then the popup translation never show up again. I hope you'll fix it. It has a lot of potential to be the best.
I'm working on fixing any issues in the plugin.
Do you use speed dial addon?
It looks to have a problem when using speed dial
I tried disabling and enabling speed dial and not Hover Translate is working.
I'm still investigating the issue.