Hi hmijail, thanks for your comment and feedback. I think it is very useful and made me see other point of view.
The weight that the extension has now is caused by an error that I made when including the spinner-gif that is shown when generating the trees (the HTML5 outline takes time and I thought it was good idea). I just realised of it because you mentioned it. The problem is that I didn't optimise it (maybe half of the size is because that gif). I will fix it in the next release.
Regarding to the often updates, to be honest, I didn't think that could generate some concerns, but it is good that you brought that idea to me. I have been adding lots of changes that mean some new features, also improvements in the performance and a couple of bugfixes. I usually release the changes as soon as I apply them, instead of waiting for having a bunch of them done. I would say that it is more like a continuos delivery than a scheduled releases. I think that, after this, creating a page with the release notes could be a good idea, so they can be accessible for anyone. Just to cover a bit my lack on creating those release notes, some of the changes I introduced this week are:
* New features (some of them):
- new panel for settings (it appears inside the panel)
- new dark theme
- option for including the aria-label content
- resizer for the panel
- option for placing the panel in the right side
- CSS overscroll-behavior property set to none for preventing the scroll of the page when the tree has scroll
- refactor in the code for improving the speed in which the trees are generated
- only the tree of the current tab is generated (before this, both trees were generated always)
- better DOM structure of the content
I also applied some minor changes that made the code more clean and structured and also some bugfixes. Ah, and I updated the code so the version for Chrome of the add-on shares the same code, helping me in the development process because there is no duplicated work.
So just for finishing this long comment, I can tell you that the add-on hasn't been hijacked and still keeps the initial intention that always had. Anyway, I guess that if that would be the case, the Mozilla review (step that is executed before any release) would block the release of the add-on.