Para probar los miles de complementos que están disponibles aquí, descarga Mozilla Firefox, ¡una forma rápida y gratuita de navegar en la Web!Cerrar
Bienvenido a Complementos Firefox.
Elige de entre miles de funciones y estilos extra para hacer de Firefox tu propio navegador.Cerrar
Excellent! Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Thank you for such comfortable Handy Dictionary! It worth 5 stars!
But I have some concrete feedback.
1. It shows "HandyDict: Turn Off" (or "Turn On") in addon bar, pressing on "HandyDict" we can toggle On/Off the functionality of this addon.
Is it possible to enable/disable this toggling mechanism in addon bar - it occupies a large space and the addon has shortcut - Alt-O that does the same.
2. When we use righ click it is more important to choose the dictionary rather the word.
Moreover, I have an idea, how to serve links by the same way as plain text. When cursor hovers some word it recognises the word independently if it is the part of link or plain text. So, if instead of doubble click to use another shortcut (for example,Ctrl-;) we can have exact word. Of course, double click is more comfortable, and should be used as the dominant way. But with proposed shortcuts assigned separately to each dictionary allows to use dedicated dictionary in each case.
Of course, user should be able define such shortcuts by himself.
3. It would be great to enable to user to add his own urls for dictionaries (for his own risk, of course).
4. If the tool can detect if the dictionary found the definition or not, it would be great, it in case when definition was not found to involve the next dictionary in the list. In this case user should be able to change the order of dictionaries.
It'll be fantastic addon, it you implements this
Thanks for your detailed feedback.There were some valuable suggestions, kindly give me some time to comment/question on the same.
update on 9-Apr-2013
1. Handy Dictionary on Add-on bar
comment: may be title can be shortened with some color coding for status so that it does not occupy much space, will be implemented in next release.
2. word definition by hovering
comment:this is bit difficult as on hover, returned value is an element not a word, and an element (e.g. div, p) can contain more than one word. Nonetheless i will consider your suggestions for using shortcuts by advanced user for different dictionaries.
3. custom dictionary
comment: at present i do not have any comment for this, may be in future i will consider this suggestion.
4. error handling
comment: most of your suggestions are already implemented and you can find them in next release.
Thanks again for your time to give such detailed feedback.