- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Mephistopheles, el hace 4 mesesWorks, but uses the shady practice of not being able to set a password unless you pay them, so even if it's there, anybody can just turn it off anyway
Edit: Even if you pay them, trying to install the android version says not intended for android,wtf??
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16105696, el hace un añoI used to love this add-on, but now it's broken. The "options" menu is just blank now, so I can't change any settings. I tried re-installing and resetting FireFox and the extension. I also emailed their support team, but haven't gotten a response for weeks.
Update: Thank you for your response and solution--I wasn't aware of that method of changing the settings
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace un añoHi,
You can right-click on any web page and select "FoxFilter Settings", which is the easiest route to take to sign in and change your preferences. We're not sure why the options/preferences screen is suddenly blank, with no changes to FoxFilter, but looking into this issue and awaiting a response from some members of the Mozilla team.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por RogerB, el hace un añoIt works really well. Thank you for such a nice addon. If i could make 1 feature request it would be to be able to type a password to temporarily view a site instead of permanently adding it to the Trusted list.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Sean Lynch, el hace un añoUseless without paying. Deliberately makes it easy for even children to unblock sites, and makes it inconvenient to get to your add-on settings with no benefit. The information about the need to pay is buried way down in the description. "Too many support requests" is not a believable excuse for making it hard to get to the addon settings.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Samih Soylu, el hace 2 añosThis extension works great, only issue in Firefox Developer Edition is if you end up going to the webpage which you have blocked, instead of showing "Sorry requested cannot be viewed" it is stuck on a refresh loop for a good 5 mins before it gets there. Sometimes this issue does not occur at all. I would also like to mention that if I close the tab that is stuck on a redirect loop, the tab I switched to is now also infected with this redirect loop. The extension insists on trying to load the "Cannot be viewed" message page but I don't understand why it goes into a redirect loop.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por B.Forbes, el hace 2 añosIf you're even a little bit computer literate, ignore the one star reviews. This is one of the most comprehensive add-ons that I've seen in Firefox. The bonus is that it also works on Chrome. Once updated, it works on Edge too! I used it for free for a long time before I realized that there are too many devices and too many browsers in my house to keep the updated list. I paid for it. I rarely pay for anything, so that's saying something. The cloud list periodically downloads itself back. It is obviously true that add-ons can be bypassed by a kid that knows how, but it's also true that Foxfilter lets you block the Firefox settings page and block it with a password. It is true that some of the default keywords are not very good (18, 21), but you can easily change them. I have my list published on 4bz.org, file name is FoxFilterList.zip
The best answer to keeping your kid safe is on the DNS of your router. Open DNS, Clean Browsing DNS, and others are good. You can use those for free on your router or on your phone service provider. For the keywords of the sites, Foxfilter is better. It's not really possible to name every website that might be needed, but getting the keywords in the title and meta data of the page does great. There's no perfect solution, but this one is good.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16199159, el hace 2 añosAwful add-on. There is no way to get rid of it and never blocks the right things. For example, once it blocked the word 'Essex' and multiple other times it blocked the word 'adults' in the sentence 'kids and adults alike will love this'.
Whenever an 'alert' pops up, it automatically switches all of your tabs to the website that it thought was 'dangerous'. Interrupted my workflow way too many times!
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Bryan, el hace 2 añosAll filtering features are most certainly not free. You must pay to make an account to change any of them.
Useless even as a personal accountability tool, as the "fReE" version blocks non-adult websites for no reason.
I had this extension downloaded for less than 48 hours before I had to delete it.