Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 4 años
You should really include a reason why you rate it lowly. If your problem is the recent bug with firefox 58.0.1 where the "save as" dialog appears, that's a firefox bug I can't reproduce (nor fix) so far. Bugs are not allowed as motivation for downrating an addon on AMO, exactly because of situations like this.
- por Ohitsdarkouthere, el hace 18 díasSe valoró con 5 de 5I greatly enjoy the ease with which this program helps me save a whole mess of images when other add-ons give up trying to do the work. I only experience trouble double-click saving images from Twitter which is simple enough to overcome by saving from browser normally.
About the only thing I'd like to have added is a button to turn the addon on or off for a tab. It does some funny things when playing games in a browser window,
- por xyz, el hace un añoSe valoró con 2 de 5Before it used to direct download the full size image from its thumbnail. Now, all thumbnails images have to be opened in new tab for full size to be downloadedThat's how it has always worked, perhaps your website changed the way its image links work. This addon is an image downloader, not a thumbnail resolver. It has no idea if an image is a thumbnail link or not, it can't factually decide such things. Please use a different addon for such uses, and please update your review according to the addon's performance compared to its listed functions rather than that it lacks a tangential feature you wish it had.
PS: for many thumbnail links you don't need an addon, just alt-click the link to download whatever it points at. This may often be a webpage instead of an image though, and firefox may still need you to enable alt-clicking in its settings first.
- por Nijaz Muratović, el hace un añoSe valoró con 1 de 5good except that it does not automatically add extension to images that do not have it in file name, EDIT: Sorry, but it does! Take look at other extensions that manipulate file names like Image Max URL, Download All Images, Save Page WE, SingleFile...Thanks for the simple and honest summary. For fairness' sake, just know that firefox specifically does not even implement the download renaming API. Firefox addons could not add a missing extension even if the developer really wanted to.
Edit/reply: not in the way you think. Those addons determine their own filename from a bunch of guesswork. I consider that an anti-feature and want to leave the initial naming to the browser.
- por will, el hace un añoSe valoró con 5 de 5Anyone have recent issues? worked perfectly until yesterday, but I'm not able to use this extension on instagram.
in Chrome works like a charm, but in Firefox stopped to me ....
Any tip?Websites will sometimes have a design that stops this addon from working. It is ultimately something of a hack, I try to make it work as well as I can but the code can only work around so many obstacles. It'll never work everywhere and we're at a point where there isn't much potential improvement left for the detection mechanism. Sorry 'bout that.
- por Usuario de Firefox 16824237, el hace un añoSe valoró con 5 de 5Amazing little badass! It's one of these things that make you think: "how the heck could I live without it?" My only complaint is that it doesn't show up in the GUI bar, next to other addons and web address bar, so I have to go to the Firefox addons menu to change any setting for the addon. But I guess for some people it actually can be the advantage, cuz GUI is less cluttered. I like cluttered GUIs, it's just me :P
I really want to thank the dev(s)!
I am using it with Firefox (didn't even know there are versions for other browsers) so it would really cool to have a button next to address bar :)Glad you like it, thanks. :) As for the toolbar, this depends on your browser I think. I use vivaldi and edge and get a button for every addon. I might be able to force it but I'll have to look into it.
- por Princess, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5It works great but on Twitter, it downloads images without a file extension.Certainly a fair remark, though just for clarity I'd like to point out this is simply the nature of twitter's image hosting/linking, not a shortcoming in the addon. File extensions are a mere semantic convention and mostly only relevant in filesystems for human users. In HTTP-hosted resources, they're a mere courtesy a server/URL can decide not to offer. Other websites will similarly not include a file extension, and there's little an addon or browser can do about it (especially in firefox, which still doesn't implement filename manipulation for addons).
I just checked again, and the file extension could be derived from other data in twitter's URLs, but it would require both the missing renaming implementation in firefox as well as special handling code in my addon just for twitter. The latter I indeed choose not to implement, even for the chrome-based browsers that would support it. :)
- por Daniel, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Excelente complemente, mi favorito para descargar imagenes. Pero me gustaria poder descargar sin estar haciendo click, solo con poner el puntero sobre el icono que automaticamente lo descarge. Para el otro usuario que pregunto sobre instagram, si funciona bien, solamente debe complementarlo con otra extencion mas y funciona perfecto.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14944271, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 3 de 5How can I get the double click download working?
And how could the hover arrow be shown on images only instead in the middle of the page?
Edit: Alright, thank you very much!
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 añosYou may need to reload a page the first time after installing this addon. Double-clicking a regular image just works by itself (note that not everything that looks like a regular image on your screen will be detected as such, but the vast majority will be). The hover button also does not just show in the middle of the page in normal circumstances. but on an image. If this is your experience, you're testing it on just 1 website, and one that happens to do odd things this addon can't support with images. Please try it on other sites too before judging, or open a ticket on gitlab (or email me) and at least link me to the page so I can have a look.