- por skpManiac, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5This is an essential part of using Firefox, why the hell do Mozilla not just include it in the UK version, it comes with NO ability to spell check, but the US one has the US spell checker which for us in England is rubbish - get a grip Mozilla, and add spell checkers for all nations not just bloody America!
Thanks Marco for doing their work for them ;)
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 añosHello!
I have been working hard on the speller during my holiday.
I am trying to add as much possessives and plurals as possible and clean the .dic file by replacing words with flags (derivations), which is the reason why the add-on's filesize is the same or decreased in the last release.
You can always check the list of changes here: https://github.com/marcoagpinto/aoo-mozilla-en-dict
I have also taken the suggestion of a person who e-mailed me and am now trying to check Wikipedia articles more closely, mainly the ones from important fields so that if someone is writing an essay on a subject, they will have most of the words from that subject.
Thank you for the five stars review, my dear brother.
- por Usuario de Firefox 15059308, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Works perfectly.
I had to remove my installed version of Firefox as I had installed the US English version (who knew!) and the US English version seems to default to US English and will not allow you to select UK English as it's default.
Following reinstallation I installed the first English Dictionary in the Add-on list and it simply does not work.
Having uninstalled that one and installed this one, I am pleased to report a now functional UK dictionary. Bravo!
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 añosThank you, my dear brother.
In the next dictionary update around the end of the month, it will include tons of plurals and possessives.
I have been dedicating some time to this task.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14967359, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5I find this ENGLISH english (not US) spellchecker brilliant. The only things it misses are homophones where I use the wrong spelling but that spelling is valid for another context e.g. great and grate . . . but no system can be expected to cover that!! I also like the way it works even when I'm filling in forms etc.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14486578, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5The crux lay in the version of Firefox. To all who run into the same problem while using Leap 15.0 OpenSuse,
this finally solved it y system had version 60 of Firefox, while it only ever works from version 63 upwards.
Tried after regular (via add-ons in Firefox add-ons menu ) installing, immediately worked.
By now you are probably in an asylum trying to regrow hair you ripped from your skull,
embittered by the lack of help Linux users were able or willing to provide.
You can come out now, retake your place in society, stop the foaming about the gob.
All's well that ends well, thank you very much @dev, for the quick response and for ridding me
of that linguistic monstrosity, the US " English" dialect, may it rot in all seven hells of legend.Hello!
Mozilla converted all dictionaries here to WebExtensions.
You must have the latest Firefox to be able to use them (V63 or above).
Then follow the instructions on my guide:
- por Usuario de Firefox 12423094, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Problem solved. My previous problem seems to be due to Firefox 61. Upgrading to 63 solved it. (For some reason Firefox did not remind me to upgrade, or I have missed the reminder….)
Thanks for Marco's efforts and quick response.Hello!
Could you remove the speller and readd it?
There was a Thunderbird update that disabled the speller, not sure if it also happened with Firefox.
Also, notice that Mozilla (Firefox) automatically changed all the spellers add-ons to WebExtension.
This means, there are now two dictionaries:
1) Firefox: WebExtension;
2) Thunderbird: Legacy extension.
I believe that 1) won't probably work with older versions of Firefox.
If you have any issues reinstalling, please follow the guide:
If it doesn't solve the issue, please send me a private e-mail to try to see what happened.
EDIT: It is always a pleasure to help.
- por soulrebelno1, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Great add-on and a must have! Now, if people would learn to structure their writing properly, use proper grammar and a spell checker, then I might just be able to understand what the hell they're on about. Remember to install your Firefox language pack as well ;-)