- por Usuario de Firefox 15166984, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Fabulous, now I can pretty much ditch my Chromium based browser. Firefox has Picture-in-picture (off by default!) and a Spell-checker... Who would have known 😱
- por skpManiac, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5This is an essential part of using Firefox, why the hell do Mozilla not just include it in the UK version, it comes with NO ability to spell check, but the US one has the US spell checker which for us in England is rubbish - get a grip Mozilla, and add spell checkers for all nations not just bloody America!
Thanks Marco for doing their work for them ;)Hello!
I have been working hard on the speller during my holiday.
I am trying to add as much possessives and plurals as possible and clean the .dic file by replacing words with flags (derivations), which is the reason why the add-on's filesize is the same or decreased in the last release.
You can always check the list of changes here: https://github.com/marcoagpinto/aoo-mozilla-en-dict
I have also taken the suggestion of a person who e-mailed me and am now trying to check Wikipedia articles more closely, mainly the ones from important fields so that if someone is writing an essay on a subject, they will have most of the words from that subject.
Thank you for the five stars review, my dear brother.
- por Usuario de Firefox 15059308, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Works perfectly.
I had to remove my installed version of Firefox as I had installed the US English version (who knew!) and the US English version seems to default to US English and will not allow you to select UK English as it's default.
Following reinstallation I installed the first English Dictionary in the Add-on list and it simply does not work.
Having uninstalled that one and installed this one, I am pleased to report a now functional UK dictionary. Bravo!Thank you, my dear brother.
In the next dictionary update around the end of the month, it will include tons of plurals and possessives.
I have been dedicating some time to this task.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14967359, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5I find this ENGLISH english (not US) spellchecker brilliant. The only things it misses are homophones where I use the wrong spelling but that spelling is valid for another context e.g. great and grate . . . but no system can be expected to cover that!! I also like the way it works even when I'm filling in forms etc.
- por Usuario de Firefox 14584450, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 1 de 5Pretty awful dictionary.
Doesn't understand plurals of common words and doesn't even know words like customer. It gives a suggestion of custom er . Ermm WTF!
EDIT: I am on Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 (64-bit)
Will increase score if browser update / add on update fixes the issue.Yes, probably you aren't using it with the latest Firefox.
Remember that Mozilla converted all spellers to WebExtensions and now it requires Firefox 62 or 63 and above.
Only Firefox+Thunderbird 60.5 to be released on 29-JAN will support WebExtensions (60ESR).
Only Thunderbird still has a legacy extension, but after 60.5 is released I will upload only WebExtensions.