- por cheeseus, el hace un mesSe valoró con 4 de 5This is obviously a great resource and I thank you for creating it. The reason I'm giving it four stars, however, is that is often misleads me in my work. This is because in some of my work I need to use the conservative British spelling (e.g. legal or academic texts, or just personal preference) and the dictionary not detecting those more 'liberal' spelling variants requires me to triple check everything. This is why I would suggest that you create a branching of this add-on that uses the conservative spelling (I guess others might find it useful, too).
By the way, I just tried manually replacing the AFF and DIC files inside the XPI package but the add-on wasn't detected by Firefox (because of digital signature?), so I can only hope that you will create the conservative variant I need.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace un mesHello!
The Firefox platform digitally signs the add-on when I upload it.
Regarding the "conservative spelling" what I suggest is that you e-mail me the list of words.
Some users like "Cyberknight" now and then send me wordlists of dozens/hundreds of missing words.
If they are valid, they are added for the next release.
- por jazzyrjw, el hace 6 mesesSe valoró con 1 de 5Hello David. Your British English Dictionary for Thunderbird 78 does not work. We cannot download it. It works in Firefox 80.01 ok.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 6 mesesHello!
I am not David, I am Marco.
Maybe you downloaded the version from the other guy?
Mine is here:
Tell me if this solves the issue.
- por Mike, el hace 6 mesesSe valoró con 2 de 5It has just suddenly stopped checking spelling. Not ideal for someone who is dyslexic.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 6 mesesDid you follow the steps?:
And the #4:
Also, are you using Firefox legacy or Firefox recent?
- por Usuario de Firefox 13400426, el hace 9 mesesSe valoró con 1 de 5program for some reason, stops working and I have to re-install it every few days, is there a fix? To the Developers response, ask any questions you have, I use a desk top with windows 7 64bit this has been going on for about a year now. I just notice that spell check is not working any more... come back to this page, I add it again and I'm good for a few days...
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 9 mesesThe information you provide is not enough to analyse your problem.
Send me an e-mail so that we can see how to solve it:
marcoagpinto @ sapo.pt
- por Usuario de Firefox 16033389, el hace 9 mesesSe valoró con 5 de 5Hi! I couldnt figure out how to use this addon in android mobile firefox. Could your help me please? If it is not compatible with the mobile are there any alternatives? Thank you for your effort...
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 9 mesesHello!
I have been trying to find out the answer.
I asked in the add-ons riot channel about it but no one replied.
I found this URL:
It says there that Android doesn't accept dictionaries, which is strange.
I tried to install LanguageTool which uses my dictionary, and it doesn't work on Android.
It is terrible :-(