- Se valoró con 5 de 5It's an excellent add-on, and thank you for maintaining it, Marco Pinto.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 4 díasThank you my dear brother,
I have been dedicating the latest times to add possessives and plurals to words.
I have been analysing word by word to see which ones are nouns and thus add plural+possessive.
I still have issues with the "mass nouns"/"uncountable nouns" since only some accept plurals and I am not sure if they all accept possessives.
I committed the current version to Gerrit and it will come with LibreOffice 6.4 in January, but then I found out that some more common plurals were missing, such as "punishers", which I will come in December's version but it will only be integrated into LibreOffice in May (they only integrate the spellers twice a year: May and November).
There is still a long way to go and I know that I can make the difference. Like Spock once said: "because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few". Individual effort will benefit millions.
Kind regards from,
> Marco A.G.Pinto
- Se valoró con 1 de 5None of the mozilla extensions and addons from "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/" doesnt a job of being in 2019. Their database are 20 years old where they dont know the word Flipboard which they say is clipboard. SERIOUSLY. None of the english lang or dict works like they are productive friendly for someone working in 21st century where words update daily and social media has changed the words we never thought existed. It doesnt know the word awesomesauce until it is corrected to awesomeness. Most importantly it doesnt detect words from other language that have taken place in English dic like it detects "Laddu or laddoo" as "lad do". LEARN FROM CHROME WHERE IT HAS OPTION TO LEARN FROM GOOGLE FOR SUGGESTIONS. WHERE'S YOURS?
GO FOR BETTER DICTIONARIES PRESENT ONLINE - https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/the-best-10-online-dictionaries.html
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 2 mesesHello!
I have nothing to do with Mozilla's add-ons being 20 years old.
What I know is that I update the GB speller every month.
You have the most up to date British speller, when the other speller was abandoned in 2006.
If you find missing words, just e-mail them to me, and, if they are in Oxford or Collins dictionaries, I will add them.
It is not possible to learn from Google suggestions since spellers only have a file with words and a file with affixes to be applied to the words file (it is impossible for me to add menus and such, as it only checks spelling).
I have just added:
48903) laddu + laddoo + ladoo (+plural +'s)
48904) flipboard (+plural +'s - Collins)
"awesomesauce" is a US word according to Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries, so I didn't add it.
In the future, suggest words via e-mail and not by rating my speller 1 star.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Fabulous, now I can pretty much ditch my Chromium based browser. Firefox has Picture-in-picture (off by default!) and a Spell-checker... Who would have known 😱
- Se valoró con 5 de 5This is an essential part of using Firefox, why the hell do Mozilla not just include it in the UK version, it comes with NO ability to spell check, but the US one has the US spell checker which for us in England is rubbish - get a grip Mozilla, and add spell checkers for all nations not just bloody America!
Thanks Marco for doing their work for them ;)
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 4 mesesHello!
I have been working hard on the speller during my holiday.
I am trying to add as much possessives and plurals as possible and clean the .dic file by replacing words with flags (derivations), which is the reason why the add-on's filesize is the same or decreased in the last release.
You can always check the list of changes here: https://github.com/marcoagpinto/aoo-mozilla-en-dict
I have also taken the suggestion of a person who e-mailed me and am now trying to check Wikipedia articles more closely, mainly the ones from important fields so that if someone is writing an essay on a subject, they will have most of the words from that subject.
Thank you for the five stars review, my dear brother.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Works perfectly.
I had to remove my installed version of Firefox as I had installed the US English version (who knew!) and the US English version seems to default to US English and will not allow you to select UK English as it's default.
Following reinstallation I installed the first English Dictionary in the Add-on list and it simply does not work.
Having uninstalled that one and installed this one, I am pleased to report a now functional UK dictionary. Bravo!
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 5 mesesThank you, my dear brother.
In the next dictionary update around the end of the month, it will include tons of plurals and possessives.
I have been dedicating some time to this task.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5I find this ENGLISH english (not US) spellchecker brilliant. The only things it misses are homophones where I use the wrong spelling but that spelling is valid for another context e.g. great and grate . . . but no system can be expected to cover that!! I also like the way it works even when I'm filling in forms etc.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5Sehr gut