- por Usuario de Firefox 13990307, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5I had a similar experience as Loquacious1 and Anonymous user 436dc3. I installed Bookmarks Organizer and the first time I ran it, the three balls kept cycling. The second time I tried, it ran to completion. However, the check bookmarks remained greyed out and it was unresponsive.
I uninstalled the Add-on. I downloaded the Add-on again. I reinstalled. It runs fine.
Can't say that this was the first time that a reinstall cleared up the problem. Been around since the NCR 300 series...
- por NightOwl, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5thanks for your reply
i checked again and found two things:
some working links were only reported as broken when the tracking protection in Firefox (disconnect.me / basic protection) is on; i know it was stated to set it of, but i thought since v.2.x the add-on would take care of that, sorry my fault
(just for info, these were some of the links: http://statcounter.com/ ; https://www.forbes.com/ ; http://www.ip-tracker.org/ ; https://twitter.com/ ; ...)
still, with tracking protection off, there are some other working links reported as broken; it seems to occur when a site redirects to a localized version
(e.g.: bookmark = https://www.seagate.com reported as broken, but it opens https://www.seagate.com/be/nl/ ; also bookmark = https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/default.aspx reported as broken, but it opens the same link) ; (note: a second run gave the same result)
hope this helps, thanks again for this very usefull extension, 5 stars now
about a month ago i had problems with the add-on hanging at the last bookmark check(s); all fixed now in version 2.x, works like a charm (also fast: 1600+ bookmarks scanned in a few minutes)
4 STARS ! (only reason for that one star less is that some working links are reported as broken (e.g. twitter) but i understand some false positives are nearly inevitable 'cause site settings, etc.)
big thanks to the developerThank you very much! :)
In my tests I didn't have problems with twitter. Could you tell me the exact URL of the bookmark? I would like to investigate this. Also: did you run the check a second time and was the same working bookmark reported as broken again?
Thank you for your help!
- por Óscar, el hace 3 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Genial, al acabar muestra de manera muy fácil los marcadores con problemas y su posible solución.
Great! when it finishes it show in an easy way the bookmarks with problems and an easy workaround to fix it.
- por syldub, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Very good addon and very good design !
The only lacking features:
- an option to be able to disable the http to https redirect warnings.
Because I use an automatic http to https redirector (extension : Smart HTTPS), so all HTTP urls are in Warning...
- a new functionality to be able to list the empty folders
- por Usuario de Firefox 13263956, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5Brilliant addon. Makes it so easy to correct redirects, remove duplicates and to edit broken links. Have patience it does take a while to finish checking the last few bookmarks.
- por Usuario de Firefox 13546027, el hace 4 añosSe valoró con 5 de 5I'm a tab girl, so I can bop back and forth between screens and not lose the page I was just on. This works exactly like I want to have everything right in front of me! THANK YOU! **NOTE** This review is for "Open Link with New Tab" add-on...my mistake!