- Se valoró con 4 de 5por PERCE-NEIGE, el hace 2 añosI use it to pause a tab. It works well, but I wish the icon of the tab that is paused to be more apparent, I can't recognize the tabs that are paused from the active tabs. So I click on paused time sometimes, and they load, and it's absolutely not what I want! @zephyr That's normal. When you pause a tab, it discards the content of a form, you must have known this. You can use form saver for this use, but not tab pausers.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Jeff Worne, el hace 2 añosOverall, this is a must-have extension for managing browser memory for those of us who just can't seem to close tabs. My one KILLER feature request would be to have a setting to prevent automatically reloading a discarded tab when focus returns to it. I'd like the option to manually reload the tab, instead. Right now, if you discard all tabs, the extension will pick a discarded tab and reload that page.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Hiroshi Ahsan, el hace 2 añosGreat extension.
However, I think its biggest weakness is that if you accidentally click a suspended tab, it automatically begins to load. This usually happens when you close a tab and the browser automatically jumps to the tab to its right that may be suspended. That is a big turn off. Every suspended tab should have a "this page is suspended" window. And also the extension should have the option to let the user manually reload a suspended tab with a click, in contrast to auto reload.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por ArrowFX, el hace 2 añosGreat in almost all ways but I would like the creator to add a feature that allows specific pages to never be discarded while other pages of the site is still discarded. (Example: example.com/example isn't discarded but example.com or example.com/example2 is)
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por robsku, el hace 2 añosThis is a great extension - I finally had to find a similar extension to BarTab that I used to use before the webextension thingy when my laptop with 20GiB finally used up all the RAM, most of the swap space and slowed my system to crawl until I could free some of it... After installing this the memory use has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be. I started with the default settings, then after most my tabs were discarded I set the time before tabs get auto-discarded to much higher.
One request I have - if possible, could you make this extension to work with TST (Tree Style Tab) extension, so that if it detects TST it will show discarded tabs like it does on regular tab bar (which I've hidden because it's kinda redundant with TST)? That would be most awesome! Also you could add TST-specific features, such as "discard this tab tree", etc.
I would definitely add a star to my review for that! =)
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Guillaume, el hace 2 añosReally useful, the idea is really great, but the execution could be better. I've hit some strange bugs such as not being able to get back to a tab.
Also, the whitelist is poorly done. The matching is incorrect. Despite writing the domain name to whitelist correctly, it expected me to write the "www" in front of it. Some other time I written a whitelist, but some other domain also got whitelisted because the matching is incorrect. An entry such as "example.com" should whitelist the domain, and the whole domain. "an.example.com" should only whitelist the subdomain and nothing else.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por jontsuba, el hace 2 añosEven though I love this extension as a tab hoarder, recently I've noticed that when I reload a tab, instead of loading the last page it loads the google search I did in the first place before entering a result. As a result, I can't access the page I wanted. I hope it will be fixed.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Joabe Ferreira, el hace 2 añosUm BUG,
Quando ativa a função de alterar o Favicon, ele fica Cinza, mas nunca volta ao normal. Eu já tentei remover o favorito e excluir o favorito e recolocá-lo de novo, mas o Favicon continua cinza. Esculhambou o Favicon!
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por 夜揽青河, el hace 2 añosWell, I want to update translations this addon for my language, where I can do?
I can't find zh_CN in transifex's Join Team.
So I directly pull new request for this on github.
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Matt GD, el hace 2 añosSome of my Bookmarks now have the discarded favicon permanently. I tried to remove, and re-add the Bookmarks, but it continues to display the faded favicons with the dot. That's annoying and needs to be fixed
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por Buster Blue, el hace 3 añosGood for saving resources without needing to close tabs completely. However There seems to be a bug with the way the "Discard All Other Tabs" function works.
It appears to respect the whitelist and blacklist features of the addon like auto-discarding does. I suspect that this isn't the intended behavior, because discarding tabs using "Discard Tab" ignores the lists. This is what I expected with "Discard All Other tabs" because it's being done manually just like "Discard Tab" is. Because it doesn't ignore them, I initially thought that this function just didn't work at all.
If it is the intended behavior for "Discard Tab" to ignore the lists but "Discard All Other Tabs" to respect them, it should be more clear about that. I'd also like the option for it to ignore the lists just like "Discard Tab" does, since I feel like this makes more sense, and is more useful.
The only other problem I have is that putting a discarded tab into focus automatically reloads the tab. This is pretty inconvenient and I'd much rather have the tab stay discarded until I manually reload it, or something like that.