- por robsku, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5This is a great extension - I finally had to find a similar extension to BarTab that I used to use before the webextension thingy when my laptop with 20GiB finally used up all the RAM, most of the swap space and slowed my system to crawl until I could free some of it... After installing this the memory use has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be. I started with the default settings, then after most my tabs were discarded I set the time before tabs get auto-discarded to much higher.
One request I have - if possible, could you make this extension to work with TST (Tree Style Tab) extension, so that if it detects TST it will show discarded tabs like it does on regular tab bar (which I've hidden because it's kinda redundant with TST)? That would be most awesome! Also you could add TST-specific features, such as "discard this tab tree", etc.
I would definitely add a star to my review for that! =)
- por Guillaume, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5Really useful, the idea is really great, but the execution could be better. I've hit some strange bugs such as not being able to get back to a tab.
Also, the whitelist is poorly done. The matching is incorrect. Despite writing the domain name to whitelist correctly, it expected me to write the "www" in front of it. Some other time I written a whitelist, but some other domain also got whitelisted because the matching is incorrect. An entry such as "example.com" should whitelist the domain, and the whole domain. "an.example.com" should only whitelist the subdomain and nothing else.
- por jontsuba, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5Even though I love this extension as a tab hoarder, recently I've noticed that when I reload a tab, instead of loading the last page it loads the google search I did in the first place before entering a result. As a result, I can't access the page I wanted. I hope it will be fixed.
- por Joabe Ferreira, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5Um BUG,
Quando ativa a função de alterar o Favicon, ele fica Cinza, mas nunca volta ao normal. Eu já tentei remover o favorito e excluir o favorito e recolocá-lo de novo, mas o Favicon continua cinza. Esculhambou o Favicon!
- por 夜揽青河, el hace un añoSe valoró con 4 de 5Well, I want to update translations this addon for my language, where I can do?
I can't find zh_CN in transifex's Join Team.
So I directly pull new request for this on github.
- por Matt GD, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 4 de 5Some of my Bookmarks now have the discarded favicon permanently. I tried to remove, and re-add the Bookmarks, but it continues to display the faded favicons with the dot. That's annoying and needs to be fixed
- por Buster Blue, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 4 de 5Good for saving resources without needing to close tabs completely. However There seems to be a bug with the way the "Discard All Other Tabs" function works.
It appears to respect the whitelist and blacklist features of the addon like auto-discarding does. I suspect that this isn't the intended behavior, because discarding tabs using "Discard Tab" ignores the lists. This is what I expected with "Discard All Other tabs" because it's being done manually just like "Discard Tab" is. Because it doesn't ignore them, I initially thought that this function just didn't work at all.
If it is the intended behavior for "Discard Tab" to ignore the lists but "Discard All Other Tabs" to respect them, it should be more clear about that. I'd also like the option for it to ignore the lists just like "Discard Tab" does, since I feel like this makes more sense, and is more useful.
The only other problem I have is that putting a discarded tab into focus automatically reloads the tab. This is pretty inconvenient and I'd much rather have the tab stay discarded until I manually reload it, or something like that.
- por Dennis, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 4 de 5This extension is awesome and really helps manage resource usage by tons of open tabs. However, it is missing one feature that looks like a lot of other people would like to see as well, and that is an option to prevent auto-reloading of discarded tabs when you click on them.
With The Great Suspender on Chrome, I frequently cycle through my discarded tabs to see which one I want to reload, then simply click on the page to reload it. That extension also provides the ability to show screenshots of the content in the discarded tab to help make identification of discarded tabs easier. Using that same routine with this extension will reload all your discarded tabs, which of course eliminates any benefit you get from using the tab in the first place.
Other than that missing feature this is a great auto-suspender extension!
- por allan999, el hace 2 añosSe valoró con 4 de 5my go to suspender atm, the Best at 2019-09-05
does not suspend currently active tabs that match suspend rules :(
however does have a nice whitelist and timeout rules