Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
The original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' is missing important features, and does not have a free software license. This is a full rewrite, with an GPL-LGPL-MPL license. Performance has been improved and many features and capabilities have been added, including:
- Choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, date, etc).
- Comparison of message bodies.
- Action on multiple folders.
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu.
I had tried contacting the author of the original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' several times, without success. I would have liked to join forces and have just one extension, but that doesn't seem to work out.
Also, some locales are incomplete - help with them would be appreciated. Visit the BabelZilla translation website.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.3.15b