Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.8 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- Fixed [Bug 26439] "Thunderbird 57.0 beta 1 hangs on start with QuickFolders enabled" Thunderbird 57 did not show its main window if any of my XUL based addons are loaded.
- Fixed [Bug 26452] Moving Mail to new folder fails when the (quickFilters) Filter Assistant is enabled.
- Fixed [Bug 26372] After entering License Key Tabs are not displayed anymore.
- Fixed [Bug 26389] Single Mail Tab: clicking the current folder on Toolbar should open it.
[Bug 26387] 'Color is null' error in Linux when options window is opened.
Fixed [Bug 26409] quickMove - create new subfolder not working in empty parent. Make it possible to create new subfolders using quickMove by entering parentFolder/New Folder even if the parent Folder has no children.
- WIP: Removing / Forking Deprecated code in preparation for the next big Thunderbird release (57+). Tested current version with Thunderbird 57.0 beta2.
- Fixed [Bug 26453] Seamonkey: The last selected QuickFolders Category is not Remembered.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 4.3beta1