Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* improved handling of proxy server promotion link in error page; fixes
* updated locales
* added icons to context menus
* proxy enabled/disabled and animation settings are now saved in context menus as well
* changed copyright holder from LeahScape, Inc. to FoxyProxy, Inc.
* updated locales
* removed height/width persistence in dialogs where sizeToContent() is
called solving the issue of growing dialogs finally
* improved handling of context menus if one right-clicks on the statusbar icon/
text or toolbar icon
* made "Reload all tabs in all browsers" option (in Global Settings ->
Toolbar Activation/Statusbar Activation) working again
* added checkbox (in Global Settings) to hide (and show) the toolbar button
* updated language files
* changed URL of GPLv2 text
* updated locales
* added a cancel button to addeditproxy dialog
* show SOCKS version in proxy tree only if a SOCKS proxy is selected in the
* enable SOCKS version radio buttons only if a SOCKS proxy is selected at
* fixed missing FoxyProxy labels in Thunderbird's and Seamonkey's tools menus
* moved the FoxyProxy tools menu item in Firefox above the page info item to be
compatible with Firefox 6 (see:
that caused the FoxyProxy icon to get added to the end of the tools menu)
* removed animation of pattern subscription icon (see:
* saving height/width after resizing of proxy and options dialog (for the
latter see: http://forums.getfoxyproxy.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101)
* fixed bug that caused PAC failures with SOCKS proxies (see:
* Fixed http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/drupal/content/no-foxy-proxy-button-browser (a toolbar button is now shown in FF4 by default on first startup)
* Fixed radio button overlayed with text in the mode menu
* Fixed Torwizard issue (button text did not fit into the buttons)
* Fixed small issue concerning setting the TRANSPARENT_PROXY_RESOLVES_HOST-flag
* Fixed minor typos in german language files
* Fixed Torwizard issues (custom ports were not saved; added port check)
* Fixed nsIFilePicker bug in options.js and enhanced triquestions.xul and .js
* Fixed FoxyProxy's context menu bug (see: http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/drupal/content/foxyproxys-context-menu-bug)
* Repaired proxy auto-configuration that failed in Firefox 5
* Removed OCS from about window
* Added Georg Koppen to about.xul (as a contributor)
* added new locale (ro)
* Locale updates
Fix for Firefx 4 status bar context-menu as described here.
Added "Use Selected For All URLs" proxy context-menu item. Requested here.
Fix for Tools menu indent problem on Windows - thanks Nils Maier of DownThemAll!
Changing statusbar default display. Previously, the statusbar displayed (by default) "FoxyProxy: " as well as the FoxyProxy icon. Since color-per-proxy was introduced, it doesn't make much sense to keep the "FoxyProxy: " text there by default. Mode can be inferred from icon color. Moreover, many addons are trying to minimize their statusbar footprint these days. It makes sense to remove this default option. The new default is to display just the FoxyProxy icon. You can restore the text by clicking Ctrl+F2 then Global Settings tab-> Indicators->Show mode (text) on statusbar. This does not affect upgraded installations; only new installations.
Changed references of foxyproxy.mozdev.org to getfoxyproxy.org
Removed hyperlink around Jesper Hansen's name in the About window since his website appears to be gone
Fixed spacing issue on Windows whereby images in buttons and tabs were crammed too close to their button/tab text
Locale updates, including the newly added Latvian translation
Removed extraneous stdout messages that got included in 2.21.3 (or so)
Version bumps; officially dropping support for Firefox 3.0.x -- I'll see if I can bring it back later. The previous FoxyProxy BAsic release (1.7.4) doesn't work with Firefox 3.0 already due to the Firefox 4.0 porting efforts. Unfortunately, that release wasn't labeled as such so Firefox 3.0 users were automatically upgraded.
Credit to OCS in the about box
Changed default proxy color from #65BAD7 to #0055E5
Increased Firefox version compatibilty
Fixed missing icon in the Get FoxyProxy Plus button
limited the use of network.dns.disablePrefetch to when FoxyProxy is enabled & requires it
Fixed Download Manager click problems
Removed donation link from About box; the donation page is no longer maintained
Fixed About box layout on Windows as discussed at here
Lots of locale updates
- Warnings and user-confirmation required when clicking proxy:// links. Requested here.
- New hidden setting to completely disable proxy:// links: ignoreProxyScheme.
To use: close firefox. In foxyproxy.xml, change the new "ignoreProxyScheme" attribute from its default of "false" to "true".
- Locale updates
- Version bump for Songbird
Two new hidden settings: excludePatternsFromCycling and excludeDisabledFromCycling.
To use: close firefox. In foxyproxy.xml, change the new "excludePatternsFromCycling" and/or "excludeDisabledFromCycling" attribute from its default of "true" to "false". Requested at http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/drupal/content/improving-cycle-through-proxies-mode.
Version bumps for Firefox
Hidden setting for not disabling a proxy in FoxyProxy when its PAC file can't load. To use: close firefox. In foxyproxy.xml, change the new "disableOnBadPAC" attribute from its default of "true" to "false". This can be set on a per-proxy basis so you will see "disableOnBadPAC" listed more than once.
If proxy is disabled because of missing or broken PAC, it is attempted to be restored on restart of FF. Discussed here.
Increased minimum Firefox version to 3.0a1. 2.0.* is no longer supported / tested.
Songbird version bump
- DNS "leak" fix for SOCKS proxies. See the new checkbox in Proxy Settings: "Perform remote DNS lookups
on hostnames loading through this proxy". This checkbox is now checked by default for new SOCKS proxies.
- Menu colors (statusbar, toolbar, context-menu) now match customized proxy color
- Minor Add/Edit Proxy dialog bug fix
- Animated FoxyProxy icon in About box (Thanks, Jesper!)
- McAfee Site Advisor support. Discussed here.
- Work towards re-enable proxies disabled by missing PAC but feature is not yet complete.
- Width and height of main options dialog and proxy settings dialog remembered between opening/closing
- Fixed bug which prevented the proper display of an error message to the user if he was using a PAC with a syntax error or other problems.
- Proxy DNS column added to Proxies list in the main window and ChooseProxy window (displayed with Alt+F3)
- Default display columns for new installations is now:<br>
- Proxy Name
- Proxy Notes
by hiding by default lesser-important columns.
- Tor wizard now uses remote DNS lookup by default instead of prompting the user
- Fix for French which caused French installations of 1.3 to completely break
- Locale updates
- DNS lookups now fixed! Removed the Global Setting "Use SOCKS proxy for DNS lookups" and replaced it with
a "Use this proxy for all DNS lookups" checkbox on each Proxy Settings dialog. However, only one proxy can be
chosen for DNS lookups amongst all proxies. This is a Firefox limitation. See screenshot here
- Fixed "Cycle Through Modes" bug as described here.
- Fixed text-wrapping when resizing the "Choose Proxy" dialog (initiated from the Alt+F3 "QuickProxy" shortcut)
- Proxy color now displayed when pressing the Alt+F3 "QuickProxy" shortcut
- Fixed bug whereby some alert boxes weren't properly parented/owned. This led to some alerts not being properly modal
with respect to the window/dialog that issued the alert.
- Fixed various minor bugs with the Tor Wizard; also removed a step in the wizard
- Locale upates
- Vietnamese translation -- thanks loveleeyounga!
- fr-FR locale changed to fr per BabelZilla
* New, better colorpicker for selecting color-per-proxy -- Thanks, Jesper Hansen!
* Color now displayed in FoxyProxy Options dialog as requested here: http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/drupal/content/color-icon-status-bar#comment-2849
* Narrowed CSS specificity for FoxyProxy's tree styling to prevent interference with
addons such as FindInTabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8078). This also fixes the long-standing
bug in some Firefox versions whereby the Firefox addressbar/awesomebar shows blank lines when autosuggesting websites.
* Removed useless "mode" column in options dialog tree view
* New proxy names default to host/ip address (if one was entered), otherwise they default back to the original "New Proxy" name. Requested here:
* Tooltips for proxies, when listed in any menu, show the proxy notes field (used to replicate the proxy name). Requested here:
* better debugging for failed proxy filtering (as requested somewhere in the forums)
* differentiation between FoxyProxy Basic and FoxyProxy Plus in labels within the application. Previously, such labels just said "FoxyProxy" instead of "FoxyProxy Basic" or "FoxyProxy Standard". This makes it clearer to the user which edition he's using, hopefully making support easier.
* Support for closing FoxyProxy dialogs/windows on OS/X with Command-W
* removed extraneous dump() statements
* better socks dns handling; still needs work
* Conditional builds for FoxyProxy Basic
* locale updates
* removed id-ID and mk-MK locales since they've been empty for ages