Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* New icon on main page for "What's my IP address?", previously only in the About page.
* Active proxy is displayed in toolbar with title and color
* Firefox does not freeze when editing large numbers of patterns (6000+). Note this freeze
only occured when opening the pattern editor in 6.1.7 and below, not when using FoxyProxy to
surf the web
* Pattern editor now uses in-place editing instead of opening a new page
* Pagination of pattern editor yields huge performance increases when editing large number of patterns
* Removed required permission "webRequestBlocking" (it wasn't used)
* Increased spacing between proxy entries in the toolbar proxy selector
* Proxy name/title on the main options window is now clickable for editing (like clicking the Edit button)
* Changed "Turn Off All Proxies" to "Turn Off FoxyProxy (Use Firefox Settings)" due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398900
* Bug fix for "Send DNS through SOCKS5 proxy?" problems
* ENORMOUS performance and memory use improvements (removal of console.log() debugging info)
* hide passwords by default (click button to view them)
* better logging explanation -- URLs always appear in the log, even if they fail to load due to broken proxy!
* better explanation of how to match ports in URLS; for example, *.foxyproxy.com:30053
* turn off "first install" message when upgrading from existing WebExtension version
* faster import of foxyproxy.xml (legacy) settings file
Firefox 57+ is significantly different than previous Firefox versions. I was forced to re-write 10 years of mature FoxyProxy code from scratch. There are many missing features, and in almost all cases that is due to Firefox 57+ limitations or bugs (for example, custom-colored toolbar icons). The UI also had to change; I could no longer make FoxyProxy look like a native application. It now looks more like a traditional web site.
I understand your frustration. Please refrain from attacking me because there is nothing I can do to change Mozilla's decisions. Thank you for using my labor of love. -- Eric H. Jung, November 2017
* Fixed import/export of settings
* Fixed display of alert boxes to notify user of problems
* Error message when trying to use SOCKS (with auth) proxy servers on versions of Firefox before 45.
* Authentication for SOCKS proxies now supported. Previously, we supported SOCKS proxies but not with authentication -- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=122752. Thanks for help from Felix Shao.
* Fixes for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1308817 -- HTTP basic auth goes directly to 401 error page when foxyproxy is enabled
* Fixes for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322293 -- FoxyProxy doesn't work in Nightly, due to use of no-longer-supported "for each" statement
* Prevent cluttering the about:neterror?e=proxyConnectFailure page
* Change references of the word 'host' to 'server'. It appears some people do not know what is meant by 'host', and the term does seem dated.http://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/19/how-to-disable-the-firefox-40-add-on-signing-requirement/
* Removed some dead links (pattern sharing, proxy sharing, etc)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083458 -- Remove SpiderMonkey support for expression closures (shorthand function syntax)
* Strip http:// and https:// when user prepends it to proxy server names
* There was no 3.6 release. This release is numbered 3.6.1 because 3.6 was only partially uploaded to addons.mozilla.org. There is was no apparent, fast way to delete 3.6 and so AMO prevented a "new" 3.6 XPI from being uploaded. https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/new-version-of-existing-addon-submitted-partially-now-cannot-complete/13124
* Update some internally-used URLs to avoid extra redirects
* Copyright updates
- FFF-158 The default proxy can lose its default match *
- FFF-159 http basic/digest auth with e10s fails with exception
- FFF-151 asyncResolve isn't asynchronous.
- FFF-152 Right click can open context menu
- FFF-153 Old firefox and palemoon shows label in nav-bar
- FFF-154 Thunderbird doesn't always offer browser.mTabs
- Removes a QuickAdd oversight
- Show QuickAdd example correctly
- Fixes ChatZilla passing nsIURI instead of a nsIChannel and onProxyAvailable only takes a nsIChannel in Nightly.
- FoxyProxy default proxy is no longer activated when Firefox is started in Safemode if FoxyProxy was shutdown in "disabled" mode.
- QuickAdd RegEx was being applied to entire string instead of the individual string parts.
- FoxyProxy Basic icon no longer rendered as teensy-tiny in the Australis menu on Nightly Firefox.
- Fixed translation/localization problems introduced in previous release