Add extra features and styles to make SeaMonkey your own.Close
|User since||May 4, 2008|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Another beautiful theme from dkgo.
While I love QSQ, I've been aching for an Opera theme ever since the wonderful Operetta Advanced was discontinued.
Top notch.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.7.3).
Tabs Always In Titlebar is one of those excellent add-ons that provides a feature that should be included by default.
Update: as indicated below, in version 1.0.1, extensions.tabsalwaysintitlebar.offset takes effect immediately. Thank you.
I was previously disappointed that the options windows for extensions were unusable because of this theme. This doesn't seem to be the case with version 1.0.2. The author also lists a contact address now, so I no longer have the impression that this theme is unsupported.
With these issues out of the way, Seven shines as it should. It is overall fairly similar to the default theme, but superior thanks to its many subtle differences.
I've used this extension for some time in the Firefox 4 betas all the way to the final release, and it works without a hitch. However, it is still not marked as compatible with Firefox 4.0. The homepage the author has listed leads to a 404 page not found error. I have previously used the Add-on Compatibility Reporter to report that the extension works, but to no avail. So this review is the only option I have left to submit feedback.
1. Makes interface fonts look absolutely horrid (i.e. bold). I guess it didn't occur to the authors that not everyone on the planet has their DPI setting at the Windows default.
2. Nowhere in the extension description did it say it was going to mess with the fonts. It also applies the Aero glass effect to the navigation toolbar, which again was not mentioned.
3. Looks awful combined with the authors' own Stratiform extension.
I wrote the author a couple of days ago to ask if he would bump up the maxversion, since I had been using the extension without problems in various Firefox 4 betas. I was also bothered by the fact that the window always appeared in the top left corner of the screen. Imagine my surprise when he fixed both issues that same day!
As for the extension itself, it does exactly what it says. It's one of those common-sense features that should have been included in Firefox in the first place.
* Despite what the description says, the author's contact page does not work. I have tried it repeatedly to no avail -- it just returns me to the main page.
* In version 1.3.9 in Firefox 4, the status bar icon's context menu has no background color (i.e. it's transparent), making it impossible to see the menu text. This problem has persisted for quite some time and it would be nice if it were fixed at some point.
* The extension doesn't take advantage of the Firefox 4 add-on bar (no icon is added to the Customize Toolbar window), meaning the Organize Status Bar extension is required to arrange its status icon.
* The two quirks and no way to request support aside, Linkification remains an excellent and versatile tool for conveniently opening plain text links.
That has nothing to do with NoSquint. It's a bug in Firefox (401213) that only occurs with certain themes. The developer of this extension and the theme authors cannot fix it.
This is a very handy extension. Being able to set page colors on a per-site basis is particularly useful, making NoSquint a well-rounded accessibility extension. I only have a few issues with it:
1. "NoSquint Site Settings" appears in the context menu for links. That is completely useless and only adds clutter to an already-overloaded menu. I'm not entirely convinced the same option in the page context menu should be there either, but at least it can be argued it's useful for setting preferences for sites in chromeless windows.
2. LEFT-clicking the status bar icon pops up the options window, while RIGHT-clicking it brings up the zoom options menu. That seems completely bass-ackwards to me.
3. Leaving "Disable background images" unchecked actually disables background images all the same.
Works okay in Windows XP.
Completely broken in Windows Vista. The Bookmarks menu doesn't show any bookmarks. And no, the userChrome.css code doesn't do anything apart from hiding a few separators, which doesn't help at all.
It would be great if this extension could make Flash videos embedded with IE-only code playable in Firefox.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.6).
Inexplicably switches my menu font to MS Sans Serif, which looks just awful on Windows Vista.
The author also didn't take into consideration people who keep their Bookmarks Toolbar Items on the same row as the menu bar. So my bookmarks appear as white text that appear on a white background.
More annoying still, the order of the Cancel and OK buttons is reversed in the Options window.
Adds a pointless image of a cube on pages that are loading in blank tabs. What's worse, it's not even an image with a transparent background, so it clashes with custom background colors. I was hoping theme authors had learned this is an obnoxiously irritating idea after the author of Silvermel did the same thing, then undid the change in the following version.
Other cons include cartoonish icons that don't match the theme (e.g. in the Options window) and check boxes that confusingly look like radio buttons (e.g. Accept cookies from sites). It also takes a while to get used to the cryptic toolbar icons.
On the pro side, the theme is shiny and sleek overall. It makes you feel like you're surfing in style.
This would be a pretty nice theme, but it's brought down mostly by the author's hubris.
Works exactly as described.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.2.20090723).
An exceptionally beautiful theme. It seems like every nook and cranny has been attentively skinned, like the Downloads window and the Options window. Highly recommended.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.0_RC1).
Nice, sleek theme. Infinitely superior to the awful default theme.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.1.08.05.22).