Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* New pre-defined video conversion MOV format for QuickTime.
* Fixed display of the preferences dialog on Firefox 2.0
* Integrated MP3Tunes services (send to mobile phone, to private locker). The feature is still in beta and must be enabled from the preferences.
* Added Bulgarian locale.
* Several minor fixes.
* Fixed downloading files from history.
* Fixed saving YouTube videos with unicode characters in the name.
* Fixed saving from YouTube links with video name containing a slash.
* Fixed issue that could cause context menu to misbehave: dictionaries disappearing, Paste command no longer being shown, ...
* It is now possible to download from YouTube page links when in 'Subscriptions' page
* Removed error messages in error console.
* Updated locales.
* Holding the CTRL key while clicking on an entry in the menu gives access to all available services.
* Services can be directly accessed with configurable accelerator keys.
* Extension preferences have been entirely redesigned for an easier configuration.
* Smaller footprint of the watermark when converting videos while unregistered.
* Entries in the download menu corresponding to a media from the currently displayed page now appear in bold.
* New pre-defined video conversion format for Zune (only appears on new DownloadHelper installs, on existing extension setup, check the conversion configurations page to add this format).
* Several minor bugs fixed.
* Updated locales.
* Added a pre-defined mode for converting to iPhone. This mode is directly accessible for new installations, otherwise you can load the iPhone mode from page http://www.downloadhelper.net/conversion-configs.php .
* Fixed a bug introduced in 3.4 causing in some cases YouTube downloads to save 0 bytes files.
* Fixed an issue causing some videos to be missed when using YouTube bulk downloads from selected links.
* Removed some error console warnings displayed when in 'strict' mode.
* Updated/fixed some locales
* When using the YouTube bulk download (select a set of links to YouTube pages, right click, choose Download video(s) from YouTube link(s)), the high-quality version of the videos are downloaded if available.
* Default video conversion format is for Windows Media Player.
* Fixed minor bugs (conversion configuration handler and license auto-registering).
* Scanning pages to discover media links has been optimized for better performances on slow computers / large pages.
* Sizes in the preferences dialog has been fixed
* Service prompting now does not pause the download workflow
* Updated pt-BR locale
* Video conversion to iPod has been fixed
* The height of the DownloadHelper icon in the status bar has been fixed
* Vietnamese locale added
* This version of DownloadHelper is now compatible with Songbird 0.7.0
* It is now possible to setup a minimum file size to prevent some false hits (setup parameter Trigger minimum size in the preferences)
* Default Quick download key (to capture the media currently playing) is now CTRL+ALT+Q (former CTRL+ALT+D was used by another function)
* Quick download and Open download folder keys are now configurable from extension preferences
* Fixed issue on a few sites where FLV files went through the conversion rule list
* Added Songbird 0.7pre compatibility
* Fixed German locale
* Added quick download feature: CTRL+SHIFT+D when a video is playing in the current browser page
* Added open download folder feature: CTRL+SHIFT+O to open the download folder
* Updated German and Chinese locales
* Fixed bug making Firefox crash when the converter queue window was open while a conversion was in progress
* Fixed multi-passes conversion
* Fixed toolbar icon height when in Use small icons toolbar mode
* Fixed encoding error on conversion rule names
* Fixed storage folder having non-ascii characters
* Fixed download from history
* Fixed AJAX page display
* CTRL+SHIFT+click on the entry in the download menu bypasses the File Saving dialog
* Icon default location in toolbar is now at the left of the URL bar (to prevent bug #403959)
* Fixed several minor bugs
* Updated Portuguese locale
* Fixed about dialog in Finnish locale
* Fixed cache access
* Compatibility with Firefox 3.0b4
* Updated fi-FI locales
* Fixed problem with cache, causing some sites to be incompatible with DH
* Fixed download count reporting on Firefox 3.0
* Updated de-DE, nl-NL and zh-CN locales
* The FLV videos you start viewing can now be remembered. At any any time, you can can visit your history and request the download of several videos in batch or go directly to their original page. To enable this feature, open the extension preferences and select 'enabled' in the 'History' tab. Once done, visit a few videos from YouTube for instance then right click on the DownloadHelper icon and choose 'History'. Please note that the History is currently limited to FLV videos
* The number of duplicate entries in the download menu has seriously been reduced
* Fixed capture of MP3 galleries
* Fixed memory leaks when closing popups
* Fixed compatibility issue with FlashGot 0.7.5
* Updated Turkish locale
* Files detected using the MediaResp method now can get a better default name.
* Support for Firefox 3.0b2
* Updated description for MediaWeight method.
* Fixed bug where capturing YouTube videos from their page links did not work on localized versions of YouTube (de.youtube.com, fr.youtube.com, ...).
* Updated pt-BR and pl-PL locales.
* The Supported sites window that shows up when you click on the icon can now be resized, as several users reported issues with this window being stucked to a tiny size.
* The Plugin method is now disabled by default as it was giving too many false hits in the download menu. Note that this change only affect people installing the extension for the first time. For people updating DownloadHelper, you can disable the method manually from the extension preferences.
* Fixed potential issue with file names using special characters
* Fixed bug with default download directory always created in the user's home directory
* Fixed Italian translation
* Fixed broken About dialog in German locale
* Fixed download file permissions on Unix systems
* Fixed Finnish translation
* MediaResp now accepts audio/xxx mime-types
* Fixed Polish translation
* Added support for www.megavideo.com
* Added capability to disable the download count cookie from the preferences
* Added .divx as mediareq file extension by default. Note that this only affects new installs of DownloadHelper. For users updating the application, the file extension must be added manually from the Mediareq panel in the preferences.
* Fix for working on country-specific versions of YouTube
* Now works with www.megarotic.com
* File length auto-limitation now set to 64 characters instead of 32
* Fixed truncated file name extension on long file names
* Cookie export of download counts
* Fixed Turkish locale
* Added Finnish locale
* Added Traditional Chinese locale
* Added Korean locale
- fixed issue with very long file names (www.imeem.com)
- fixed issue preventing some windows to open when using some themes (like Metal Lion Vista)