Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
[Changed]: Using MS Office Online to view files replacing Google Docs Viewer as Google Docs Viewer is not supported any more.
[Changed]: New icon beside link
[Fix]: Performance improvements
- This version includes a few bug fixes and performance improvements.
- You can now install this addon without any need to restart.
- The tool tip is also improved.
- Implemented Blocking of Unsupported Links.
- Fixed recognizing extensions irrespective of case.
- Added a small Help Button for quick support (and settings in future).
- Mouseover title tweaked
- Updated with new link icon with Data URI.
- Mouse Over Panels is implemented for Google Docs Viewer to provide distraction free yet fully functional reading experience.
- Mouse over title tweak.
- Removed support for Zoho Viewer as Zoho is soon dropping Zoho Viewer service.
- Performance Tweak: Revamped code with improved performance. Most of the code is re-written for better performance.
- Bug Fix: Appearance of links problem when using pdf.js on Firefox.
- Performance Tweak: All the less wanted (unwanted) features like blacklisting of websites are removed making the code more lighter and responsive.
- Feature: The Viewer Icon now appears to the left of the link. This change is done considering user feedback and stability issues.
- Developer Friendly: Code is re-written to make it more easier to understand and debug.
- License: Docs Online Viewer is now licensed under GNU GPL v3.0
- Support for more file formats like zip, etc
- Click on the icon provided beside the link to open link with Docs online viewer
- Click directly on the link for default behavior (usually download)
- Original links masked with custom domain to bypass a bug wherein it forms an infinite loop
- Improved icon design
The tooltip now shows the service which is being used to open the link i.e. either Google Docs viewer or Zoho Viewer.