Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||May 31, 2008|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Contrary to peoples protestations there is no spyware, adware, or any other questionable tracking going on. This developer has chosen to support its development by the use of advertising. In the current source code it creates an iframe on yahoo.com and youtube.com for the purpose of serving ads. You can't serve ads without being able to track them otherwise no advertiser would pay you. Adblock Plus prevents the ads as well as other possible workarounds. The only scummy thing is failing to disclose the re-enabling of the marketing after 7 days. Personally, I just permanently disabled the advertising and it works great. 3 stars based on ad supported/disclosure failures and buggy image saving code.This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Without a doubt one of my favourite addons. It has so many uses - I'd highly recommend it to everyone. That said it's not without its issues.
1) It frequently breaks when Firefox is updated. Some times the fix is as simple as re-installing the addon but sometimes a lengthy wait is required for compatibility to be restored.
2) Formatting of copied links is not fully customizable and "new line" option is not handled properly. Pasting the copied links into a rich text editor works as expected but not into a plain text editor like Notepad.
3) There's a bug in the counting feature where it sometimes reports the correct count +1. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell when this bug is going to crop up so the count can never be relied on for accuracy
4) There can be some interface lag, currently this can cause some issues when making scrolling selections where the box will restart/reposition itself rather than extend.
I'd also like to see it have a couple more features like:
1) Ability to copy selected text in tables. This would come in very handy for copying a row or column of data which Firefox handles rather poorly on its own.
2) Quick Drag features would be a natural addition to this addon
3) Ability to chose between copying the href info and copying the text in the A tags.
4) The ability to select a "modify area" from the context menu and then manipulate the borders of the selection.
All of this said, it's still among my top 5 favourite and most used addons
Great idea, except if you don't have the (ugly) AdBlock logo enabled you have no way of accessing the "Select element to hide"
This has since been fixed - there was a keyboard shortcut but it conflicted with others so never worked for me.
No longer works with version 22.214.171.124
Should be included in all future firefox builds!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (126.96.36.199).
All Rogers Canada internet customers should add this to Firefox. +1 for taking over/adding functionality of defunct RedirectRemover addon.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.2.4).
And why isn't this default for FF? Great Job Caio!
As of FF3/0.5.3.043 this also fails to block intellitxt style ads.
I tried AdBlock Plus, and while it's good it doesn't make it easy to see what elements are blocked or have a nice list of elements so you can look for patterns to add new filters.
The one drawback of this extension as of 0.5.3.043 is that when adding a new filter it is slow to apply. The window hangs while it processes the new filter. It used to be virtually instant.
After installing and checking out the options this extension seems it's no more than a way to advertise non-Google services on every Google page. It's better suited to a Greasemonkey script.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.72).