Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||December 14, 2012|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Best Bookmark Addon - after a little fix Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I used TagSieve for several months last year and it was wonderful. I tagged all my bookmarks and started using tags to find bookmarks. Then it wasn't sorting tags and bookmarks. Then the XML error appeared. So I stopped using it. I finally got around to investigating the problems.
I got TagSieve working again!
Here are the two important points to getting it working:
* Use the older version 4.3.3 of TagSieve. Newer version 4.3.4 does not sort the tags and bookmarks properly. Get TagSieve version 4.3.3 from
* Change "lastvisit" to "mostrecentvisit". Mozilla had renamed the field, and caused the XML errors. The details of changing "lastvisit" to "mostrecentvisit" is found in
Here are the steps:
1. Download file http://dev.grue.in/attachments/download/38/tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi
2. Rename file "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi" to "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi.zip".
3. Create a temporary folder "temp".
4. Unzip "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi.zip" into folder "temp".
5. Edit the following three files. Replace "lastvisit" with "mostrecentvisit". "lastvisit" is found once in each file.
6. Zip the contents of folder "temp", overwrite "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi.zip". Do not include parent folder "temp" in the zip.
7. Delete temporary folder "temp".
8. Rename file "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi.zip" to "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi".
9. Drag and drop file "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi" into the Firefox window. Click "Install Now".
Save file "tagsieve-4.3.3.xpi" in case you ever have to reinstall Firefox.
handy tool Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Works great! Thanks for the handy tool.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.7.1-signed).