To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||February 19, 2012|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Long story short, this addon has issues. I'll check back for updates, though, because it's a feature I really want! Here's the long version:
I'd love this if it worked. Sadly, it didn't work about half the time on some sites, and not at all on other websites - like the BBC and Guardian UK. It often missed keywords that were links, too.
If I refreshed the page, most of the words would be blocked, but by then, Olympic results had already been spoiled for me. (I loved the Olympic spoiler plugin from this developer, so I had high hopes this would work. That plugin was discontinued.)
The biggest problem is that it messed up my toolbar. Every time I opened a new window or restarted FireFox, all my buttons (like refresh, zoom, home, download, etc.) were moved and/or removed completely. I did a lot of troubleshooting, and it wasn't until I removed this Addon that the problem finally was resolved. (Problem started the day I installed this addon, too.)
I also had problems entering keywords to block. The interface froze several times and I had to close/reopen and start over. Sometimes, I'd enter a word and it wouldn't let me add it -- the form would say "not found" as if I'd been searching for a word rather than trying to add it. In that case, the only way to add the "not found" word was to type REALLY fast and hit "return" before it popped up with the "not found" result.
Mac 10.6.8 (Yes, a third of Macs still use Snow Leopard! It rocks.)
I've used this addon for a long time and it's always worked great -- it's a vital part of my daily workflow. Needless to say, I was upset to discover it was automatically disabled by Thunderbird today with the message: "ToneQuilla is incompatible with Thunderbird 15.0.1."
Is there a way to make it work again? Quickly? :)
UPDATE: OK - I installed the addon "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks" and it appears to be working fine now. I'll update this review if anything else goes wrong.
Firefox 10.2.2 and Mac OS 10.6.8
Installed the ticker three weeks ago; it's never worked as described.
I have the ticker set to update every two minutes but it doesn't work. It updates randomly and inconsistently. For example, I've been working online for several hours now, and the ticker just popped up showing a "new" post for an article that was published four days ago. The exact same RSS feed shows six new posts since then, but none of them have appeared in the ticker. Yet.
In fact, in the last five hours, none of my other feeds populated the ticker even once, but, I can see (from the bookmark) that five feeds have new posts in the last two/three hours.
Sometimes it displays new posts a few hours after the feed is updated, sometimes a few days; not once has the ticker displayed a new feed within an hour of its publishing.