Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
This version also has faster MP3 downloading by correctly selecting the audio only stream for MP3 downloads.
Fixed a regression from 3.6.0 which prevented settings from being saved.
Disabled format options. Many users reported problems with some or all links not correctly loading due to issues with the format settings.
Two of the "legacy" formats (FLV and 3GP) have been removed for now as they cannot be properly enabled/disabled.
Also, many users where having trouble with the format options. I've disabled them in this version and simply enabled the most common formats by default.
Two of the "legacy" formats (FLV and 3GP) have been removed for now.
Fixed a bug that prevented the toolbar icon from refreshing links.
Switched to complex values to store paths.
Fixed a timing issue that prevented links from loading for some users.
Added the ability to turn on and off video types. 3GP and FLV aren't used very often any more, and this paves the way for ogg support.
Mild gui redesign, should prevent the gui from breaking on lower resolution screens (1280x800, etc).
Fixes for Blip.tv and others.
Fixed a bug in the cut feature.
Currently we're using webm to create the mp3s, and it's taking longer to make the mp3s because of that, but the conversion quality is higher.
This version also includes some minor updates to the link decoding.
This also includes a minor update for the default temp directory. Existing settings will not be changed, but new settings will default to an OS specific directory that should work for most if not all users. They are:
This is part of the Unicode fixes that went in on 3.1.0.
This version also includes Unicode fixes to the MP3 Tagging program, encMP3Tagger.
1. Support for private browsing, including fixes for private windows.
2. Fixes for Youtube changes since September/October that broke most Vevo Links.
3. Fixes for Dailymotion.com
Added the ability to add a cut off time to a youtube download.
To support new functionality and to prevent memory leaks the scissors feature has been moved to the main controls, along with the MP3 tagging.
Fixes for Firefox Private Browsing.
Fixes for some Linux users.
Fixed a memory leak in the Youtube user interface.
Disabled SQL logging. Console logging still works.
1. Filter toolbar downloads by size. The default is to now show downloads that are less than 5 megabytes in size. This keeps the toolbar button from being overrun with small flash downloads.
2. MP3 Tagging, and a new User Interface for tagging MP3s. Right now only text tags are supported, but Album art along with custom images should make it into the next release.
3. Fixes for downloads failing after the main window is closed.
4. A complete re-write of the code used to manage the non-Youtube download listeners.