Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
No more export save file since FF44.00 update? Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Hello. Wondering if im the only one having this issue.
but since i updated to Firefox 44 an when i try to Export the Database... it seems as if its creating the viewmarks.json but then when i go to the directory in windows where i saved the file there is nothing there?
It seems that it is no longer creating the viewmarks.json file?
any suggestions would be appreciated.....
BTW MICHAEL ANY CHANCE OF UPDATING THIS AMAZING ADDON TO A MORE CURRENT WORKING VERSION
your reply to his forum would be appreciated....
Found what I was looking for Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I was looking exactly for this, previews of and structured after my bookmarks. A tiny remark would be that I would have appreciated an easier way to do an initial scan, but I got it done, so...
sorting by tag Rated 2 out of 5 stars
please add "sorting the bookmark by tag"This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Best bookmark experience, I've had – with room for improvement Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I've just changed to FF from Chrome and browsed the add-ons, and this one is one of my favorites. I've been searching for something like this in Chrome for years, and nothing really compares. I mean, it's not really that good looking, but it's acceptable, and the features are amazing.
However, offhand there are two main features, I miss:
- An option to apply a custom wallpaper. The grey one is acceptable, but a bit too dark for my liking. The patterned ones are downright ugly.
- An option to open all bookmarks in a folder. That would make the add-on a brilliant session manager.
- Being able to drag bookmarks into folders as well as drag/edit several ones at the same time and also an option to sort bookmarks and folders differently and maybe a little facelift to the interface or just some more customization options, so we can do it ourselves, would be much appreciated as well, but those are not as important as the first two ones, I think.
With all these features included as well as the great ones already there, this add-on could be one of the very best I've had. Maybe top 3. It's already really good though.
Basic features missed Rated 3 out of 5 stars
1) It is missed to move a bookmark to a folder using drag and drop.
2) List view with or not details (enable to customize columns shown),
3) icons smallers , 32 and 16 pixels
4) Empty Trash command.
I don't use it for bookmarks Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I use it for the history, and I love it.
I really wish it had a way to change to a custom background, included ones are pretty bad.
Doesn't work for me. I see zero thumbnails. Rated 1 out of 5 stars
I was super excited to use this extension only to find that NONE of the thumbnails are showing up. I only get folder or "globe" icons so this is really useless and frustrating.
And yes, I already ticked the box with the automatically fetch thumbnails option so that's not the problem.
Very, very nice indeed Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I love FF, but have struggled to manage my bookmarks (and folders) in a sane and easy manner.
ViewMarks comes to the rescue, and is a HUGE breath of fresh air and is a wonderfully intuitive way to manage bookmarks.
There are many thoughtful touches, such as the "suggested folder" (which works rather well most of the time), and the "create folder" icon shows up in all the right places. I think the developer has thought of just about everything.
The integration with FF is nearly perfect, making the ViewMarks feel just like a native part of the browser!
Many thanks to the developer for creating this delightful add-on!
Bugs (FF 38.0.5)
1) Setting the "visit bookmarks in background to fetch thumbnails" throws an error:
ReferenceError: ViewMarksUpdate is not defined
1) Add the ability to search for a folder when bookmarking.
2) Be able to resize the folder list (horizontally and vertically) to more easily find a folder
3) Offer some sort of "detail" view (as seen in Windows Explorer, for example.)
4) Be able to drop a bookmark (or a folder) onto a folder.
Bugs and suggestions Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Nice extension, but some things prevent me from using it...
- when you want to modify a bookmark, reload button doesn't work
- zoom buttons don't work either
- viewmarks should react to mouse-click the same way standard bookmarks work. For example, if I middle-click on a viewmark, it should open in the background
- middle-clicking a folder should open all its viewmarks in new tabs
- allow more customization: custom picture for the background, custom icons for the folders
- allow hiding of "special" folders
- allow folders to show *after* individual viewmarks (sorting options)
That's it for now :-p
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Should be lighter (like chrome's enhanced native bookmark manager)
Nice! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Cool & easy! I like it. Just one thing would be nice to have: an option to change background and install custom image. Thanks.
P.S. On Russian OS ViewMarks is invisible in context menu. (empty line)
I really like this extension Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Please take the opportunity to display the icon of the site, folder "Mobile bookmarks" (it displays the bookmarks made in the mobile firefox) and line of search on the Internet. This extension spoils the appearance of extension Location Bar Enhancer. Please FixThis user has 3 previous reviews of this add-on.
worked on linux but how about mac? Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Really thanks for links and suggestions, it worked great on my Ubuntu system. But when it comes to mac, I can't even localize the extensions folder containing viewmarks stuff. Any idea?This review is for a previous version of the add-on (22.214.171.124-signed).
NOT working for me. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great thanks NRR an User2000. You have saved my day.It's alive like Frankenstein would have said.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (126.96.36.199-signed). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Error Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Thanks NRR and user2002 for the fix Viewmarks is now working. I have previously emailed Michael Koch but I've had no response.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (188.8.131.52-signed). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
error and final steps Rated 5 out of 5 stars
For the past couple of days, I was getting the error also. I love this add-on and was going crazy with it not working. Thank you NRR and user2002 for the fix.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (184.108.40.206-signed).
error Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Today I have error:
TypeError: String.quote is not a function
String.quote obsolete since Gecko 37 (Firefox 37 / Thunderbird 37 / SeaMonkey 2.34)
I have replaced strings in viewmark.js like this:
And extension is working now.
Here is fixed viewmark.js:
My folder where viewmark.js is placed:
I have emailed Michael Koch more than week ago, but didn't receive response.
For example, adding Russian language (ru-RU):
locale viewmarks en-US chrome/locale/en-US/
locale viewmarks de-DE chrome/locale/de-DE/
locale viewmarks ru-RU chrome/locale/ru-RU/
<em:description>Vorschaubilder für Lesezeichen</em:description>
<em:description>Browse your bookmarks visually</em:description>
<em:description>Ваши визуальные закладки</em:description>
Copy folder "en-US" to "ru-RU"
in this new folder "ru-RU" by modifying in files:
you can localize extension for your language
Agree with ^wengyk^ No JSON Rated 3 out of 5 stars
What is really needed is a JSON Editor & ExporterThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (220.127.116.11-signed).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great addon! If it can show bookmarks in list, I'll love it much more.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (18.104.22.168-signed).
Really good but something miss me.. Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Yes, it's a good addon with many interesting possibilities. But an improvement would be necessary for me: when I wrote my tags, I used to have clickable suggestions chosen from my existing tags, which is actually faster and instinctive. This possibility would make me add a fifth star! Thank you!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (22.214.171.124-signed).