Video DownloadHelper Version History
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
This development version is identical to the public release 7.1.0.
This beta version addresses the recent changes on Vimeo causing videos to be downloaded without the audio.
Video and audio streams are now downloaded separately and require the use of the converter to aggregate the streams to a single file. This operation is automatic but you have to install the converter.
Fixed bug with wrong locale being used in some cases.
Updated angular library to 1.5.9
Version 6.2.0a5 includes a number of improvements and fixes:
- Fixed no retries on download errors of video chunks (HLS, DASH and F4F) when due to network errors (like internet access temporarily broken)
- Added configurable delay on download retries to cope with particularly poor networking conditions
- Fixed H264 not being properly decoded on some HLS videos. This was causing the generated file to only play audio
- Fixed the case of scrolling down a page containing many videos (like a tumblr site dedicated to videos) while some of the videos are being downloaded. After passing the limit of videos from a same source (default is 15), downloads could not be seen and managed properly
- Prevented text selection in main panel. In some conditions, it was difficult to unselect
- Fixed layout issue in download progress bars
- Fixed HTML warnings in settings page
Of course, this version contains improvements from previous beta releases:
- 6.2.0a4: fixed audio when playing HLS videos on Windows Media Player
- 6.2.0a2: support for encrypted HLS streams
- 6.2.0a1: support for YouTube DASH streaming (causing some video not to be detected)
Please report issues with this version to this specific topic
Previous version, 6.2.0a3, was supposed to fix an issue related to audio from HLS captures not playing on Windows Media Player. It did in some cases but broke whole HLS videos in many situations.
This 6.2.0a4 version should definitely solve those problems.
Version 6.2.0a3 should fix an issue related to audio from HLS captures not playing on Windows Media Player.
Please report success or failure in the support forum
Version 6.2.0a2 includes support for downloading encrypted HLS videos
A number of YouTube videos are streamed using not only ADP (video and audio on different streams), but each stream being only available using the DASH protocol: not a single URL to an audio or video file, but instead a number of chunks that need to be downloaded and reworked to produce a single file. As a result, those videos were not even displayed in the Video DownloadHelper interface. Version 6.2.0a1 solves this case.
Russian locale (87% complete) has been added.
This version fixes a bug where when on a Mac or Linux, ffmpeg is used instead of libav, the add-on mis-detects the converter to not supporting the VP9. As a result, some YouTube are not detected while they are available.