To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Tranquility Reader is a Firefox extension that improves the readability of web articles.
Tranquility removes unnecessary elements in a webpage, and provides a simple and tranquil reading experience. Similar functionality is available through Readability or iReader or "Reader Mode" in Firefox.
Screenshots and the details below correspond to versions 3.x of Tranquility Reader that has been re-written to use the new WebExtensions APIs. This version is still awaiting code review and approval.
To use tranquility you can:
- Click on the navigation-bar icon and select Run
- Compatible with NoScript
- Save content offline for reading later. The tranquility view is saved locally on your computer
- Ability to export/import the offline content.
- Ability to customize default font, font-size, font color, background color, and width of the reading area
- Add/edit notes/annotations to portions of the offline content; collate annotations with context for a summary of all your notes and annotations.
- Unobtrusive Menu at the bottom of the screen (displayed on clicking on the (+) symbol on the bottom right corner of the screen) provides additional features
- Additional links are now available through a "More Links" button in the Menu at the bottom of the screen
- Left clicking on a link in the Tranquility view will also open the link URL in the Tranquility view in the current tab
License & Copyright:
Tranquility is provided under GPLv3 license.
Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Arun Kunchithapatham
Please send any feedback, bug reports, enhancement requests to "arunk" at "ushnisha" dot "com"
Release Notes are available via the support website listed
The next version of Tranquility Reader will be written using the new Webextensions APIs. This version will not be able to retrieve the old offline files. An attempt will be made to allow import the offline content that has been exported from version 2.0.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 3.0.3beta