To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Toolbar Buttons 1.1.1-signed.1-signed No Restart
by Michael B.
Adds toolbar buttons to the customize toolbar window in several programs including Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey. Some of the buttons make commonly preformed actions quicker, others add new functionality.
About this Add-on
To find out more information about each of the buttons, please see our Button List which has descriptions of all the buttons.
Once installed to get started using the buttons open the Customize Coolbar window by either right clicking on the toolbar and selecting Customize from the pop up menu or going View then Toolbars then Customize and from the window that opens up you can drag the buttons to your toolbar.
If you don't want so many buttons in one extension you can choose individually using the Toolbar Button maker. This tool also had extra features such as being able to create toolbar. It also servers as a testing ground for new buttons, so it has a number that are not in this extension.
Translations are made by volentears, if you would like to help please vist BabelZilla.
Add-ons, Console, Customize Toolbar, DOMi, Edit Menu, Exit, Extensions, File Menu, Import, Install, Minimize, Options, Page Setup, Profile, Redo, Reload Proxy, Restart, Select All, Status Bar, Themes, Toggle menu bar, Toggle Proxy, Toolbars, Tools Menu, Undo, Update, View Menu
Firefox and Thunderbird
about:config, Change Dictionary, Change Text Direction, Delete, Enlarge, Extensions, Find, Find Again, Find Previous, Help, Print Preview, Reduce, Reset, Save, Source, Themes, Work Offline
About, Account Settings, Account Setup, Add Email, All Threads, Compact, Copy, Copy Email, Create Filter, Cut, Delete Attachments, Delete Junk, Detach Attachments, Edit Draft, Empty Trash, Filters, Forward as Attachment, Forward Inline, Get Inbox, HTML Mode, Ignored Threads, Mail Toolbar, Message Pane, Next Message, Paste, Plain Text Paste, Previous Message, Purge, Read, Reply to Sender Only, Return Receipt, Save Attachments, Search Addresses, Search Messages, Send & Receive, Send Without Save, Skip Trash, Threads With Unread, Toggle Read, Toggle Starred, Unread Threads, Watched Threads With Unread
About, Delete Events, Delete Tasks, Toggle Tasks, Tasks In View, Toggle Toolbar
If you find bugs or have a question just post on our Forums or check the FAQ.
Have an idea for a new button that you would like? We are eager to hear your ideas, just make a suggestion on our Forums (No need to register!)
We have been asked for buttons that open many different web pages, so we created a simple tool, the link button maker, so that you can easily create toolbar buttons to any page you wish.
Follow Toolbar Buttons on Twitter and Read our Blog
- Changed over to a restartless installation method.
- Due to nameing conflict the internal name of the Open File button was changed. That will case it to return to Customize Toolbar window.
- Fixed the toggle proxy button, that was not working right due to the change in the default preference. Also added a Menu.
- Further patches for SeaMonkey.
- Menu added to the Add-ons and Toggle Cookies Buttons. Feedback welcome on how people like this being done to various buttons.
- The Set Multiple Home Pages function on the Set Home Page button as fixed.
- The translate button now supports multiple translations services.
- The options window was updated and expanded.
- Bookmark Manager can now open in a tab, on middle click, or based on a setting.
- Error Console, if disabled, can now open the Browser Console or Web Console.
- Fixed the Page Colors button for Firefox 37+
- Improved translations by importing strings from the Firefox and Thunderbird translations.
- The Toggle Status Bar button in back in Firefox, and if there is no Status Bar, the button now creates it.
- Some people have complained there are too many buttons, others that there are not enough. We have taken that to mean there is too much if what you don't want, and not enough of what you do, so we have:
- Removed some buttons that the Custom Toolbar Button Maker indicates are very rarely used, though they can still be downloaded from there. These buttons are: Toggle Starred, Copy Email, Threads With Unread, Ignored Threads, Unread Threads, Watched Threads with Unread, Change Home, Get Inbox, Read.
- Added some other buttons that have shown to be much more popular including: Reload, Stop, New Tab, Print, Menu, about:about, Passwords. We have other buttons lined up to be added in the next release.
- Sunbird support dropped.
- The compatibility support has changed, so that as a minimum version 29 Firefox/Thunerbird is need.
- Added a new translation for Slovenian, thanks to Peter Klofutar.
- Added new buttons to the Mail Header in Thunderbird, including the Zoom in and out buttons.