To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Thin Tabs 1.6
Extremely thin tabs optimized for the squared variants of Classic Theme Restorer.
I fear it will look awful with the default Australis tabs, so be warned.
With version 1.1 an option dialog with various customization options has been added.
About this Add-on
Please report bugs, feature requests and similar on GitHub, thanks.
* The gap between the icon and the sitename can now be set.
* Added an option to force the height of the tab bar.
* Fixed typo which could misplace the throbber.
* Added options for the sound icon.
* The preferences window is now using tabs.
Note: I've seen performance degradations especially on older versions (applying the changes takes two to four seconds). Version 45 did not show such signs, however 41 does.
Note: I've tested the addon with Colorful Tabs, it "seems to work" in so far as you can adjust the settings to be actually usable. However, Colorful Tabs and ThinTabs does have quite some overlap when it comes to the styles that are applied to the tabs, I do not believe that that can be fixed on my end. A possible solution might be to have an option on Colorful Tabs to disable all "theme settings" that it applies.
* Setting the tab width does nothing in Thunderbird.
* Changing the heights of the tabs while the multirow tabbar is active might lead to visual glitches (tabbar too small or large for the tabs). A restart of Firefox *might* be required, could also be that fiddling with the row setting of TabMix Plus fixes it, or closing tabs until the tabbar collapses to one row.