Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
1) Expired bookmarks can have normal/default behavior.
2) Expired bookmarks can be moved to the Unsorted Bookmarks folder and tagged as "expired".
3) Expired bookmarks can be automatically deleted when expired.
* Users can Tark/change/UnTark bookmarks by moving them to-and-from in-use Tark folders.
This means users can add/change Tark values in-bulk as well.
1) Foxmarks users can use Tark across multiple computers running Firefox 3.
The folder settings need to be set per-computer, but after that synching with Foxmarks should be all set.
(After Tark .31 is installed a synch to Foxmarks is needed to populate it with Tark meta-data.)
2) Right-clicks are now context-sensitive. Users can right-click on links to have them Tark'd.
Right-clicking a link will show the tark value for that link in the right-click menu.
Right-clicking elsewhere will show the tark value for the outer-url.
3) Tark cleans up after itself after uninstallations for privacy protection.
If a user decides to disable Tark it should be better about restoring bookmark icons as well.
4) Users can opt to use preset buttons if they only use one-or-so Tark values.
5) Folder filtering can now include the Bookmarks Toolbar.
6) A bug-fix was made in the options for folder selections.
7) Another bug-fix was made to prevent an extraneous error message at startup.
*Firefox 2 Users:* For those migrating from Firefox 2: Folders will need to be re-set in the options of Tark.
This means if a user revisits a Tark'd bookmark that bookmark can be restored to its original Tark value. That will only occur with new Tarks going forward.
The webpage at http://rwag.net/tark/ has also been overhauled.
2) This version will no longer clobber the menus of the Bookmark Sync and Sort extension. Thanks to Jerzy for help in testing this.
3) The Tark toolbar button now displays Tark information in the tooltip. For example, a user can see that a Tark'd bookmark expires on "Wednesday, October 11, 2006".
1) You can now have Tark'd bookmarks automatically filter to folders based on their value. For example expired Tarks could go to a specific bookmark folder. Thanks goes out to Johannes Runkel for that suggestion.
2) A variable was renamed since it sometimes seems to collide with a previous one that is set to null.
3) There was a corner case with folders, where a specified folder could be deleted and set as default. In that case I add a Tark at the root of the bookmarks tree.
2) A menu was added in the Bookmarks menu as well as the right-click. Options are available in the extension to turn those on or off. Those menus have the same icon-state that the toolbar button has.
1) Icons are more blended.
2) If you delete a Tark'd bookmark the Tark data is also removed.
3) If a user cancels out of adding a bookmark then that url is never recorded in Tark.
4) When Tark asks to save a bookmark the title of the bookmark has the "- Mozilla Firefox" branding removed (Debian Linux included). Thanks goes out to John Mark W for catching this bug.
5) An extra condition is checked when updating bookmark icons (possibly relevant only for my developer version).